nop-4.40.4: vendor not allowed to see shipping status anymore?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
A per the subject: after upgrade from 4.20 to 4.40.4, our vendors are complaining that shipping status column is gone from the orders list. Before I do something about it, what is the reason vendors are no longer allowed to see it? -- dep. on that I might comment out the if block, or start making new roles for them

TIA
1 year ago
The vendor can not see shipping status at v4.40 by default. You need to remove this if checking (image attached) logic if you want to show shipping status for the vendor.
file location: \src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Areas\Admin\Views\Order\List.cshtml
1 year ago
Thanks, I get that, the question was: what's the rationale for restricting the vendors? -- There must have been a reason for doing that and I wonder if it applies to us.
1 year ago
I would say your statement is not correct, hiding shipping status from vendor was there from beginning of multi-vendor functionality (released on nop version 3.00)!
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/commit/204d377252e1ed4c3121933ff1c1a63d3a29fe28, till now this restrictions never changed on any version, not even on nop 4.20!!
I have gone through few other forum post, didn't find any specific reason of it. I would say nopCommerce might think that as an Order might have products from different vendor, so showing that Order Shipping Status to a vendor might create confusion.
Keeping this concern in mind, if you want to show shipping status to your vendor, I think you can go ahead!
1 year ago
Huh. My predecessor must've removed that if in our 4.20 clone, then. Thanks again.

(Some of our stuff basically "ships from vendor's warehouse" so the vendor needs to see what they shipped -- or haven't.)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.