EXPORT/IMPORT TO EXCEL - not all of long description is exported/imported

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,
i discover this bug and found also an old forum text (but didn't helped)...:

if i export to an excel file, than all my long descriptions are short to 255 chars.
also its not possible to write and import a long description either with nopcommerce or with the admin-tool.

now i am little bit stuffed as i want to change things with the excel sheet but it always cut of my long description off.

i checked the import/exportmanager.cs it says:

tableDefinition.Add("ShortDescription", "ntext");
string FullDescription = dr["FullDescription"].ToString();

looks fine with ntext...

any idea or any idea to exclude the description but would be nicer to be able to use the long desription with mor than 255 chars.

i run nopcommerce 1.90 database sql 2008 :))

thanks

patrick
12 years ago
I have the same problem!! Can anyone fix this?!  NopCommerce? some support here?!
12 years ago
(this may not help you, but...)  I don't see this problem in 2.1
12 years ago
Hello,

I also have this problem, with a few slight differences...

The product export exports all of my products into Excel with the full description intact (including those products with more than 255 chars). However, when I make changes to these products and re-import them - it is at this point where my full description is trimmed to 255 chars for any product with a full description longer than 255 chars.

I am running nop v 1.9  with a sql 2008 database.

I know a previous poster said that this bug is not apparent in 2.1; however, this is no use to me as 2.1 is in MVC and upgrading is not a feasible option for me at the moment.

Please help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.