Issues with checkout not continuing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
There is an issue with magnificPopup not firing in the checkout process. we have two stores setup one for wholesale and one for retail on the retail side checkout seems to be working sans the popup for estimate shipping. on guest and wholesale the check out process halts after selecting a shipping method. estimate shipping does not work on either of those checkouts.
The template being used is the nop templates uptown template latest version.. Everything is up to date.
here is our test site.
http://colhouse.fdgweb.com

Thanks!
Rob
1 year ago
Is there any error log at the browser console? please check it from right click browser page -> inspect -> go to console tab
Better if you contact the theme vendor nopTemplates
1 year ago
Rashed Khan wrote:
Is there any error log at the browser console? please check it from right click browser page -> inspect -> go to console tab
Better if you contact the theme vendor nopTemplates

Yes,
the error is magnificPopup is not a function.. however the script for magnific popup is loading and so is the css. It is weird because the magific popup is functioning on other pages like the products details etc..
1 year ago
what is a page where magnificPopup is working on?  I tried a few and was seeing the error on all.

When looking at the .js files loading, jquery.magnific-popup.min.js is loading before jquery-1.12.4.min.js.  Is the call to the magnificPopup function being made before jquery has fully loaded?
1 year ago
corbinmunce wrote:
what is a page where magnificPopup is working on?  I tried a few and was seeing the error on all.

When looking at the .js files loading, jquery.magnific-popup.min.js is loading before jquery-1.12.4.min.js.  Is the call to the magnificPopup function being made before jquery has fully loaded?

I moved the loading of those scripts into the head script loading section and that fixed that issue. However, now I have to fix the script loading for the same type of error but in a different section for the countrySelect is not a function.. in the checkout process.

The question I have is why is this an error in the first place? This stuff should just work. I shouldn't have to fix poor programming. Not trying to be harsh. just an observation. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Rob
1 year ago
skagitmedia wrote:

I moved the loading of those scripts into the head script loading section and that fixed that issue. However, now I have to fix the script loading for the same type of error but in a different section for the countrySelect is not a function.. in the checkout process.

The question I have is why is this an error in the first place? This stuff should just work. I shouldn't have to fix poor programming. Not trying to be harsh. just an observation. :)

Thanks for all your help!

Rob

I think if this stuff just worked, AI would be doing it all already and we wouldn't need humans to troubleshoot it.  

Glad you got it fixed, the site looks nice!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.