HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
I know this has been posted in the past I have read the forum and tried to find a fix without needing to post. However I am still out of luck with this.

I am trying to host the website through IIS using my local machine as the server, the publishing goes great and gets passed to IIS manager but when it comes to loading the site I keep getting this error posted.

I have a non source version of a website which I am trying to change the CheckoutController.cs to post data to another database at the same time as an order is processed using the source code and trying to just paste the web.dll file along with restsharp.dll so that's all I am changing is the checkout controller code. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
1 year ago
I have downloaded all the runtime + hosting downloads and made sure that it has installed correcty.
I have changed InProcess to OutOfProcess.
I have tried a lot of things but with no result so far.
When I try to drag the files over to the non source version I get a similar error.
1 year ago
[quote=CffNop]I have a non source version of a website which I am trying to change the CheckoutController.cs /quote]
You cant change source code in a non-source version.
You need to use Visual Studio to change and rebuild the site

Regards issue you need to work out what is wrong check logs for errors
See https://www.selectsystems.com.au/checking-for-errors-on-a-new-installation-of-nopcommerce
1 year ago
Hi Yidna!

Thank you for the reply. That's what I mean I am editing the source code so that I can copy the files into the non source files. Is this possible or not?

Thanks!
1 year ago
There are no .cs files in Production

To change .cs files
You change the source file i.e. .cs files
Rebuild the solution using Visual Studio
Then copy the new .dll to production (non-source version)
Of course you have tested and debug before doing that
1 year ago
Ok great, yes of course this is where I am at, at the moment.

There error I am getting from the event view is:

Could not load configuration. Exception message: Unable to get required configuration section 'system.webServer/aspNetCore'. Possible reason is web.config authoring error.
1 year ago
You may need to remove WebDAV config from web.config as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModuleV2" resourceType="Unspecified" />
    </handlers>
1 year ago
Yeah, I already done that after I seen you post it on an earlier post.

Again thanks for all the help Yinda.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.