UPS shipping rate query failure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
No Maksim,
i just downloaded your source code and from vs2022 published as per your instruction to my iis. everything basic as per in your source code  project.  also by default when i goto shipping rate inquiry it always defaulted to usa and city newyork.
1 year ago
RE: "... source code and from vs2022  ..."
In VS, you can set a breakpoint and see what is in the request
public async Task<GetShippingOptionResponse> GetShippingOptionsAsync(GetShippingOptionRequest getShippingOptionRequest)

RE: "... when i goto shipping rate inquiry it always defaulted to usa and city newyork."
Please clarify "shipping rate inquiry". Are you referring to the Checkout Shipping Address page (in the public store)?
If a customer has been to that page before, and filled in their address, then the address information it will persist.   Try using an incognito browser to see what results you get.

i just downloaded your source code and from vs2022 published as per your instruction to my iis. everything basic as per in your source code  project.  also by default when i goto shipping rate inquiry it always defaulted to usa and city newyork.
1 year ago
hi
manged to bring the <postalcode> tag into <shipto> tag section by disabling "use city to get shipping rate check box " in shipping settings.
now i have an issue regarding measurment unit. i am from uk and need to use kgs/grams and CM as units instead of inches/lbs.
can some one help me to solve this issue.
1 year ago
Do note that setting "Use a city name for estimate shipping" only applies to "estimate".  (The shipping calculation from the cart will always use the postal code entered during checkout.)

The UPS API requires inches/pounds.  The UPS plugin will do the conversions automatically.  Make sure you have the primary dimension/weight set up to match what you use for products (e.g. CM/KG), and that you have correct ratio's set up for inches / lbs.  (They do come correctly set up with the out of the box install.)
1 year ago
Hi,

Thanks for your reply regarding this. I finally managed to get this working. But there is a huge bug in this plugin. only way i can get this working is by making the shipping origin as "USA" and dimensions/weight as "lbs/INCH". in this condition plugin was happily showing the tariff retrieved from UPS.

But as soon as i change the shipping origin as UK and it throws error saying above measuring unit not eligible for this territory. so obviously UK customers cannot use this plugin it seems unless nopcommerce team can get this sorted.

also i tried by going to my UPS portal and change the measuring unit from "lbs/INCH" to KGS/CM
still it this plugin throws same error. wondering whether anyone can give an idea to over come this issue.
1 year ago
Hi
Any one got any idea about how to implement UPS in uk region. soon as you set your shipping orgin country as UK, it is not accepting lbs/Inch as dimension and weight
thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.