Upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
I'm upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5 and doing 4.4 first but get this error.

Setup failed: An error occured executing the following sql: ALTER TABLE [dbo].[SpecificationAttribute] ADD CONSTRAINT [FK_SpecificationAttribute_SpecificationAttributeGroupId_SpecificationAttributeGroup_Id] FOREIGN KEY ([SpecificationAttributeGroupId]) REFERENCES [dbo].[SpecificationAttributeGroup] ([Id]) ON DELETE CASCADE The error was Cannot define foreign key constraint 'FK_SpecificationAttribute_SpecificationAttributeGroupId_SpecificationAttributeGroup_Id' with cascaded DELETE or UPDATE on table 'SpecificationAttribute' because the table has an INSTEAD OF DELETE or UPDATE TRIGGER defined on it. Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors.

I took my 4.3 database and cloned it and doing it on the cloned copy but still does not work
1 year ago
mayur5 wrote:
Setup failed: An error occured executing the following sql: ALTER TABLE

Add Alter privs to the SQL login you are using
I don’t know which one specifically - I added them all
1 year ago
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[SpecificationAttribute]

I granted alter privleges but still get the error

Setup failed: An error occured executing the following sql: ALTER TABLE [dbo].[SpecificationAttribute] ADD CONSTRAINT [FK_SpecificationAttribute_SpecificationAttributeGroupId_SpecificationAttributeGroup_Id] FOREIGN KEY ([SpecificationAttributeGroupId]) REFERENCES [dbo].[SpecificationAttributeGroup] ([Id]) ON DELETE CASCADE The error was Cannot define foreign key constraint 'FK_SpecificationAttribute_SpecificationAttributeGroupId_SpecificationAttributeGroup_Id' with cascaded DELETE or UPDATE on table 'SpecificationAttribute' because the table has an INSTEAD OF DELETE or UPDATE TRIGGER defined on it. Could not create constraint or index. See previous errors.
1 year ago
SpecificationAttribute table is trying to add Foreign key value in the field SpecificationAttributeGroupId linked to the SpecificationAttributeGroup table and the value does not exist
Check there are corresponding values in each table for that field
1 year ago
I looked into the table SpecificationAttribute and it only has three fields (ID, Name, Displayorder)

the user has the permissions for that table but still get that error.
1 year ago
also there is no SpecificationAttributeGroup table in the database

ONly SpecificationAttribute and SpecificationAttributeOption table
1 year ago
Oh yes sorry that table does not exist in the v43 database and the above code is trying to create it.
I cannot properly check at the moment but I think its something to do with values in your v43 table does not match a defined enumeration value

Hopefully someone else can help with the correct answer
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.