Moving shopping Basket into Header.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am currently using the  darkOrange theme and am fairly new to the ins and outs of nopCommerce, I need to move the shopping basket from the righthand side of the page (three column layout)  into the righthand side of the header.

I managed to remove the basket from the righthand column by removing the relevant code from the ThreeColumn.Master page.

"<nopCommerce:MiniShoppingCartBox ID="ctrlMiniShoppingCartBox" runat="server" />"

Obviously I just cannot paste the above line of code into the Header.ascx as it will not work.

When the basket is in the Master page it is in a asp:ContentPlaceHolder, is there a way to create this within the Header.ascx file?

Thanks
Peter
13 years ago
you have to paste the reference as well on the top

<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="MiniShoppingCartBox" Src="~/Modules/MiniShoppingCartBox.ascx" %>

<nopCommerce:MiniShoppingCartBox ID="ctrlMiniShoppingCartBox" runat="server" />

i did not try it but should work
13 years ago
Many thanks for the reply, yes it works, thanks again, I just need to work out how to place it in the Header correctly.
13 years ago
Cracked it, once the shopping cart was moved into the header. I modified the style sheet references for MiniShoppingCartBox.ascx to complete the desired colours, font sizes etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.