Getting localhost didn’t send any data. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE for 4.50.4

1 year ago
I am trying to upgrade from 2.5 to 4.50.4. I ran all the individual scripts to existing database until 4.30 version and then installed 4.50.4 version on to my local. Now I am trying to run latest version on my local by adding existing db in connection string.

I am getting below error, please help.

This page isn’t working

localhost didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Note: I am guessing migrations worked successfully, since I see a new columns added to existing database.
1 year ago
Hi

If you run locally, you need to change store URL in your Database with local host.
1 year ago
I changed Url to my localhost in Store table, it dint work, Do i need to update anywhere else?
1 year ago
Hi

Okay,
Right now what is the error showing.
Can you show me?
1 year ago
This page isn’t working

localhost didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
1 year ago
Hi
Please share the screenshot of the store configuration which you have done.

also possible please check if this might be it can help to you
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39045735/cannot-acces-asp-net-core-on-local-docker-container
1 year ago
Are you running the Nop.Web.exe, or running in VS (Nop.Web or IIS Express)?

Query the [Log] table in the DB to see if any related errors.
9 months ago
I'm getting the same response when trying to run our 4.50.2 store on localhost from visual studio using Nop.Web button (Firefox).

This is the error in the log table:

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request.
---> System.IO.IOException: The response ended prematurely.
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Http.Logging.LoggingScopeHttpMessageHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
   at Nop.Services.ScheduleTasks.TaskScheduler.TaskThread.RunAsync() in C:\development\nop_4_5_Vivant_V2\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\ScheduleTasks\TaskScheduler.cs:line 191

It was working last time I tried running it locally a couple months ago before publishing and installing on the live server. I've got SSL turned off and have checked the site url is localhost in the db. What am I missing...???

TIA!
9 months ago
WickedEye wrote:
...This is the error in the log table:
   at Nop.Services.ScheduleTasks.TaskScheduler.TaskThread.RunAsync() in C:\development\nop_4_5_Vivant_V2\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\ScheduleTasks\TaskScheduler.cs:line 191 ...

I'm don't think that error is related.

When you see the  ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message in the browser.  Bring up another incognito browser and paste in the URL, and see what happens.