product/product variant problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi all,

im confused about the product and product variant concept, say for example i have two mobile phones with same name, but different SKU, color and accessories and price how should i import the products in the database? should i import them as different products or should i add a product and add other specification as its variants??
13 years ago
3nigma wrote:
Hi all,

im confused about the product and product variant concept, say for example i have two mobile phones with same name, but different SKU, color and accessories and price how should i import the products in the database? should i import them as different products or should i add a product and add other specification as its variants??

If you are going to define the accesories as Related Products, which are defined at product level (i.e. all variant have same Realted Products) I recommend you define each phone as a different product. Otherwise you can have them as variants of same product as in: http://demo.nopcommerce.com/products/85-canon-digital-rebel-xsi-122-mp-digital-slr-camera.aspx
13 years ago
tnx eadameg,
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.