Install nopCommerce locally and syncing it with online server

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I've installed nopCommerce on my remote web hosting service and everything seems to be perfect. Howeveri everything is very slow and configuring everything takes hours ( days)! I was thinking to install it locally and then syncing it. Is it possible? Can someone help me in what should I do?
13 years ago
apfrezza,
If you want to work on it on your local machine and then upload the database over the existing one then you will need IIS and SQL Server Express 2008 installed on your local machine.
You can download SQL Express here. Get the Database with management options download and install:
http://www.microsoft.com/express/Database/InstallOptions.aspx

For IIS, you need XP Pro, Vista Business or Windows 7 Pro. In Vista and Windows 7 go to control panel and turn on additional features and select IIS. For XP i think it was control panel then Add remove programs to install IIS.

Once you have IIS installed, add a new application and point it to the nopcommercestore folder. Set your folder permissions and then install the database. Go to your host and do a sql db backup, download the backup and restore it using sql server management studio.

After you are finished administering your database locally and adding products then do a backup and upload it then do a restore over the existing one...jeff
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.