Local String Resource Problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
I have been having problems with the strings used in the Admin area showing the Name instead of the value. For example, it will show "admin.dashboard" instead of "Dashboard". This happens for all of the strings.
I have checked the SQL tables LocaleStringResource and Language and the names and values are there.
The only language defined is English (as seen in the table Language).
I configured the fresh nop without any changes.
for every resource string getting issue  is done
I checked    on database the language ID is always 1 (for English).
only English as default language is installed and All resource  are imported. I didn't install any other language.

I download the nopcommerce  source code  and unzip it.
then immediately and without any change  run it in Visual Studio.
every thing is in default state.
Country is "United States Of America" by Default. and language  resource file is "defaultResources.nopres.xml" Which is Pre located in Localization folder.

Important Tip
Important Tip is that  if go to "Configuration->Languages" and Edit Page of Installed Language then Refresh or Reload the Page all Resources goes to normal state and problems  disappeared. I don't install any other language. this Indicates Resource file contents are valid and correct.

This is on the latest version 4.60.1 using VS 2022.

can any body help me Please?
1 year ago
Check the System Log to see if any related errors
1 year ago
New York wrote:
Check the System Log to see if any related errors

In System Log , has created lot of warnings such as "Resource string (admin.common.search) is not found. Language ID = 1"
1 year ago
It seems odd.  

Please clarify this:
hezar111 wrote:
Important Tip is that  if go to "Configuration->Languages" and Edit Page of Installed Language then Refresh or Reload the Page all Resources goes to normal state and problems  disappeared. ...

Specifically regarding "then Refresh or Reload the Page ...  problems  disappeared".
That implies either
a) when you first load the admin page, no rows are there, but when you "refresh" (F5??) the page, then the rows appear
or
b)  the "refresh" of the admin page is fixing the problem (resource names appear) in all the other pages.
1 year ago
New York wrote:
It seems odd.  

Please clarify this:
Important Tip is that  if go to "Configuration->Languages" and Edit Page of Installed Language then Refresh or Reload the Page all Resources goes to normal state and problems  disappeared. ...

Specifically regarding "then Refresh or Reload the Page ...  problems  disappeared".
That implies either
a) when you first load the admin page, no rows are there, but when you "refresh" (F5??) the page, then the rows appear
or
b)  the "refresh" of the admin page is fixing the problem (resource names appear) in all the other pages.

b option is correct
If we are in the following path
configuration ==> Languages ==> Edit ==> Refresh(F5)
then the "refresh" of the admin page is fixing the problem (resource names appear) in all the other pages.
It is necessary to emphasize that Problems is generally solved until the next login to admin page.
If the next login is performed in a short period of time and the cache is not destroyed, there is still no problem, but if the login is performed after a long period of time, the problem appears again and can only be solved by the same method as mentioned.
configuration ==> Languages ==> Edit ==> Refresh(F5)
1 year ago
New York wrote:
It seems odd.  

Please clarify this:

That implies either
or

Would you Please enter my site and check the problem
https://semsaran.ir/         U: [email protected]      P:1
Regards
1 year ago
Have you tried the no source version?
(You can copy your App_Data .json files so you won't have to go through install, but you may need to UPDATE Store to adjust URL and SSL)
1 year ago
New York wrote:
(You can copy your App_Data .json files so you won't have to go through install, but you may need to UPDATE Store to adjust URL and SSL)

yes I tried the no source version.
There is no difference between no source and source version.
1 year ago
hezar111 wrote:

There is no difference between no source and source version.

It's very strange that all versions from 4.40 to the latest (4.60) I encountered this problem.
Version 4.30 and below does not have this problem. Perhaps the key point is from 4.40 version to  Higher versions methods Are Async.
did you visit my site (https://semsaran.ir)? If did what is your opinion?
1 year ago
New York wrote:

There is no difference between no source Package  and with source code Package .

It's very strange that all versions from 4.40 to the latest (4.60) I encountered this problem.
Version 4.30 and below does not have this problem. Perhaps the key point is from 4.40 version to  Higher versions methods Are Async.
did you visit my site (https://semsaran.ir)? If did what is your opinion?   (U: [email protected]      P:1)

Do you think if I trap the T function in the Try-Catch block it will help to find out why the local string resource values are not loaded? Basically, where do I do this would be better?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.