admin.catalog.products.multimedia.savebeforeedit

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
I am using the version 4.60.0 ... when creating a new product, but before it is saved, when I scroll down and look at the Multimedia area, I see

admin.catalog.products.multimedia.savebeforeedit

After I save a new product, the text information above goes away, and the multimedia area looks as it seems that it should.
1 year ago
That's a language resource string name.  It's supposed to have a value like the messages used when you add other "children" entities to the product.  For example:
  You need to save the product attribute before you can add values for this page.

It's only referenced here
\Presentation\Nop.Web\Areas\Admin\Views\Product\_CreateOrUpdate.Multimedia.cshtml
@if (Model.Id > 0)
{
...}
else
{
...@T("Admin.Catalog.Products.Multimedia.SaveBeforeEdit")...
}

You can manually "Add a new record" in the language string resource, but this is something the nopC team needs to look into, because I don't see that resource in their demo either
https://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Language/Edit/1

However, I don't see how it would be used, since both uploading images or adding videos does seem to save them automatically.  (i.e., no need to, as per the typical  SaveBeforeEdit message: "save the product ....before you can add values for this page")

Do you always see it when you add/edit a product, or only when you make specific changes (i.e. add 'children')?
1 year ago
Hey, I came across this again (for nopCommerce 4.60.0 users). It happened this time when I went to Configuration/Settings/General settings/Localization and unchecked the following two options:

Load all locale resources on startup
Load all localized properties on startup

In the Log, a Warning was given with the following:

Resource string (admin.catalog.products.multimedia.savebeforeedit) is not found. Language ID = 1

I saw on github that the root problem has been handled. Again, this is really just for nopCommerce 4.60.0 users.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.