Purchase nopCommerce.............

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello, I'm new and hope this is in the correct place.  Pre Sales Questions.

Let Me start by saying I am not a programmer or real software savy. Just common sense. I have
been playing with the Demo and really like it. I am looking at using nopCommerce as my store and
am going to ask a couple stupid questions. I have been using wordpress but starting to have bugs
with the wp_theme that I purchased and their support has been trying to correct the email problem
for four weeks. They are killing me!

1-) This is a standard complete website/Template/Theme package as is correct? Buy it, install it and set it up?

2-) I do or don't need a database?  

3-) When I download the package does the Installation and Configuration instructions come with
      it or is that another $20?

Thanks,
Bob
13 years ago
Hi Bob,

1-) Yes, our demo site has a standard theme. There's no need to purhase it. It's free
2-) Yes, you need. SQL Server 2005 or above. Find more info about technology & system requirements here
3-) The user guide has installation and configuration instruction. It doesn't come with downloaded package (nopCommerce package is free)
13 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been watching some of the How-To videos that are on YouTube and reading allot of the forum post. Now I am totally was out/confused.

I am using Linux Hosting with H-sphere control panel with MySQL database, and use Dreamweaver to modify my themes or work my other websites that I have, use FTP and etc.

Now I think I understand that I will have to switch to Windows Hosting, use Windows XP or Vista depending which computer I'm on and have ASP and use Windows to upload this to my server instead of of FTP and all that new stuff. Is this correct?  

I like the nopCommerce Demo and Have no problem with working with the admin area. But when it comes to codes, paths and all that stuff, well lets say I'm LOST.

If I hire someone to install this for me, switch to windows hosting all I would have to do is work in the admin section of nopCommerce is this correct?

If I hire someone to do this I would also have someone that could fix, add-on, redo anything to the template for me if needed correct?

I guess you see I am scared to death with new things that I don't understand. I learn quick but have to gain that knowledege as I go.

I have a business and it is going down hill and need to correct my situation fast.

Thanks for help and advice in advance,
Bob
13 years ago
oldtimer2011 wrote:
Now I think I understand that I will have to switch to Windows Hosting... Is this correct?

Correct. You need Windows hosting

oldtimer2011 wrote:
If I hire someone to install this for me, switch to windows hosting all I would have to do is work in the admin section of nopCommerce is this correct?

Correct

oldtimer2011 wrote:
If I hire someone to do this I would also have someone that could fix, add-on, redo anything to the template for me if needed correct?

Correct
13 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Thank you very much for your help. I have already looked into the windows hosting with my servers company. As I said I'm on Linux at this time.  

Do you know someone in the US that can do this for hire or do you do this type work?

I notice that there are two Team Members in the state of Florida but they haven't posted in awhile.

I am looking forward to working with a system that will do everything I have wanted for a year.

Thank you again,
Bob
13 years ago
oldtimer2011 wrote:
Hi Andrei,

Thank you very much for your help. I have already looked into the windows hosting with my servers company. As I said I'm on Linux at this time.  

Do you know someone in the US that can do this for hire or do you do this type work?

I notice that there are two Team Members in the state of Florida but they haven't posted in awhile.

I am looking forward to working with a system that will do everything I have wanted for a year.

Thank you again,
Bob

Hi Bob:
Check with: bfranklin825 (www.nopeasy.com), abcd_12345 and theonlylawislove (http://adeptwebstudios.com)

Also check:
http://nopcommercetemplate.com/
http://www.n-theme.com

For what I have read in the forum Arvixe is a good and reliable hosting option.
13 years ago
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the quick reply. One more quick question,

when I download the Standard nopCommerce theme it comes with all the items as the Demo has now is that correct?

I do not need anything else unless I want to customize or add on to the theme.

Thanks,
Bob
13 years ago
oldtimer2011 wrote:
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the quick reply. One more quick question,

when I download the Standard nopCommerce theme it comes with all the items as the Demo has now is that correct?

I do not need anything else unless I want to customize or add on to the theme.

Thanks,
Bob

Right
You can very easy customize the theme for a very low price ($10).
Try demo in http://nopcommercetemplate.com/nopCommerce-wizard-step1.aspx
13 years ago
Thanks for all the help. I will download and have it setup this week.

I am playing with the Demo now and really like it. I thought wordpess was great, NOT!
nopCommerce is Great!

Bob
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.