PayPal acting odd using Nop Plugin

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Hi all,

Since last thursday we've experienced some very odd issue with PayPal we haven't had before.

There are a number of errors that are keeping our customers from checking out and they seem to happen randomly. Other times everything is fine.

Any ideas why I would be getting the error below specifically? I don't care why the decline errors are not consistent.

I'm using Nop 4.4

TIA
Jon

Here are some example error messages:
This one seems the most prevalent and unexplainable.

Nop.Core.NopException: Could not find an order 15b5a9e7-d5b9-4c6b-bf06-73d6c82c515d
   at Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalCommerce.Services.ServiceManager.<>c__DisplayClass37_0.<<HandleWebhookAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalCommerce.Services.ServiceManager.HandleFunctionAsync[TResult](Func`1 function)

Another (I get this was a decline):
PayPalHttp.HttpException: {"name":"UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY","details":[{"issue":"INSTRUMENT_DECLINED","description":"The instrument presented  was either declined by the processor or bank, or it can't be used for this payment."}],"message":"The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.","debug_id":"762445878cd0e","links":[{"href":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-INSTRUMENT_DECLINED","rel":"information_link","method":"GET"},{"href":"https://www.paypal.com/checkoutnow?token=9X222421YS225364U","rel":"redirect","method":"GET"}]}
   at PayPalHttp.HttpClient.Execute[T](T req)
   at Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalCommerce.Services.ServiceManager.HandleCheckoutRequestAsync[TRequest,TResult](PayPalCommerceSettings settings, TRequest request)
   at Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalCommerce.Services.ServiceManager.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<<CaptureAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at Nop.Plugin.Payments.PayPalCommerce.Services.ServiceManager.HandleFunctionAsync[TResult](Func`1 function)
1 year ago
RE: "Nop.Core.NopException: Could not find an order "
Similar mentioned here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/93366/missing-orders-after-paying-with-paypal

RE:  "INSTRUMENT_DECLINED: The instrument presented was either declined by the processor or bank or it can't be used for this payment."

I don't think that error is related to the plugin or PayPal, but to the customer's bank.  For example, when a credit card is connected to a PayPal account but blocked, expired,  or not valid in some way.
1 year ago
Agree. For "INSTRUMENT_DECLINED" issue you should contact PayPal support (use "debug_id" from the log message). Error "Could not find an order" is probably related to the first one, actually, it's just information that the customer is trying to complete the order when the payment has not yet been completed.
1 year ago
Hi
The same issue iam getting here like this

Error while placing order. Error 1: Payment error: The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation: The instrument presented  was either declined by the processor or bank, or it can't be used for this payment.

Which is in "LOG"
1 year ago
ranjith1995 wrote:
...The instrument presented  was either declined by the processor or bank, or it can't be used for this payment...

As per above, for that "...issue you should contact PayPal support".
1 year ago
Hi

Thanks for ur reply.Now its working fine.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.