SQL Server - Install - Specify Port Number

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm running nopCommerce on a dedicated VMWare on a PCI compliant network that isn't with a retail hosting company. That being said, I have a unique port that I can have my web servers can access my SQL Server on. Is there a way for me to run the basic install scripts nopCommerce provides, but specify a specific port when asked for the SQL credentials?

Thanks for any info on this one. I'm happy to some custom stuff (connectionstring.config) or whatever might be required.

- Ryan
13 years ago
I just wanted to keep adding information to this ticket.

I have tried using 10.1.1.40:54433 as my connection location to the SQL Server, but it still doesn't work.

IE. I used IP:Port in the location of the database and continued to get errors.
13 years ago
Well I didn't solve this issue, but I did find a work around. I installed the store locally (where I have both an IIS Web Server and SQL Server running). Once it loaded, I exported the database to production server, copied out the .Net project, and then altered the connectionstring.config file to reflect the unique port of the sql server. It isn't a great solution, but it did eventually work.

Here is the syntax for the connection string just for reference.

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=10.1.1.40,9999;Initial Catalog=client_ranchview_180;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=web190store;Password=password123;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.