Suggestion to facilitate service inheritance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Hello NopCommerce team and thank you for your job.

I am developing a plugin for NopCommerce 4.50 to generate invoices fully compliant with French (and maybe European) laws, for example for the eco-participation "tax" and for numbering.
For this I inherited from PdfService and it works. But all PdfService attributes (_addressSettings, _catalogSettings,...) are private, so I have to redeclare them in my class and this is redundant code. I don't like redundant code. ;-)
It might not be a bad idea to make them protected in a future release . No ?

Have a nice day.
1 year ago
Thanks. Already done.
1 year ago
All those private readonly fields are the 'backing' fields for the dependency injection.
Consider that the  PdfService is a partial class.  I.e.,  you probably should not be inheriting from it but rather extending it.
1 year ago
Thank you for your answers.

@RomanovM: In the code I have, V4.50, PdfService attributes are always Private. Also in other services, for example AddressService.

@New York: Yes, I saw that PdfService is a partial class. But as I change the whole layout I found it easier to inherit from PdfService.

But my remark is not very important. If I collapse the Fields region this bloated code doesn't bother me anymore ;-)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.