After Applying the ACL Can acces if i know the complete URL

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am using 1.7 version of NopCommerce. I have an issue on security. On my website i have multiple administrator Level for controlling the these level i define multiple Customer roles and in Acces Control List give the acces to them. Lets take an example

1. I have customer [email protected] which is my customer and also a administrator of my website.
2. I create the Customer Role (A Zone Customer)
3. I Assign that role to [email protected] customer
4. In ACL i grant to access only see "Manage Orders".

If above customer login and using the adminsitration panel and if he using the administration panel throungh navigation menu then he cannot access the other things except Ordres.  Like if he go to the product-->Manage products system not allow him to access but if he know the complete URL of along with the product id like below

http://localhost:1254/administration/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=776

then website allow hime to acces that particular page of product and he can change every thing.

Please help me how can i restrict the customer he can not acces these pages. Its Urgent

Thanks
Noman Mansoor
13 years ago
Please Help me on this issue
13 years ago
Noman wrote:

1. I have customer [email protected] which is my customer and also a administrator of my website.
2. I create the Customer Role (A Zone Customer)
3. I Assign that role to [email protected] customer
4. In ACL i grant to access only see "Manage Orders".

If you are assigning same email id to both the roles then he can enjoy both the priveleges.

Try different id
13 years ago
Noman wrote:
...but if he know the complete URL of along with the product id like below

http://localhost:1254/administration/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=776

Hi Noman,

It's not possible to visit product details page if you're not granted to do it. Open \NopCommerceStore\Administration\ProductDetails.aspx.cs file. It contains the following code:
protected override bool ValidatePageSecurity()
{
   return this.ACLService.IsActionAllowed("ManageCatalog");
}

It makes all required authorization
13 years ago
Your are absuletly right but user can see the detail page if he right the complete url. He can not change any thing but he see the all tab of that product page and see the information.

Thanks
Noman Mansoor
13 years ago
Noman wrote:
Your are absuletly right but user can see the detail page if he right the complete url. He can not change any thing but he see the all tab of that product page and see the information.

Thanks
Noman Mansoor

No, it's not possible. A user will be redirected to 'access denied' page. Just try it on a clean installation
12 years ago
User roles assign doesn't take effect in nopcommerce 1.70 except global administrator and forum moderator. Please anyone with the idea why it's not working. i have enable the access control list under configuration menu and assigned role in customer manage but it's not working. why's that. i have ticked Is administrator in customer info too.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.