NopCommerce Headless concept - Admin section

1 year ago
Hey all,

I have a question related to the headless concept in the context of NopCommerce.
What I am working on is by using the API plugin of Nop to split entirely the front end from the back end of the store.
This will give me the opportunity to use frameworks like Angular to build separately my front end.

My question tho is related to the Admin section. As this is one of the core features of NopCommerce, is there a best practice when using the headless approach?
Is it better to reuse the already written logic with Razor or to extract it into a separate front-end application available for certain users only with a separate subdomain?

There are pros and cons for each approach but I wanted to hear what professionals who are already working with NopCommerce think.

Thanks all!
11 months ago
Hi!

I think, going headless is good for the public store, but doing it for admin would be lot more time consuming and you will need to deal with many admin functions which might be complex for headless approach. Sticking to the existing written admin pages would be easier and more reliable to work with.

And please share if have you already implemented store front-end into Angular using headless approach. It would be interesting to know what was your experience!

Best Regards