Breaking changes from 4.50 to 4.60 for plugin development

11 months ago
Hey all,

I've got a couple of plugins that I'm updated to work with 4.60, and I'm struggling to get the widgets to be shown in the UI.

The configuration of the plugins is all fine, and there are no problems with installation, it's just nothing is rendering in the UI where I'd expect them to.

Is there a list of breaking changes for plugins for 4.60 somewhere (I can't seem to find it), or is there anything subtle that's changed that I might have missed?

Thanks.
11 months ago
I've done a little more digging, and the only difference I can see with the plugins is that in 4.50 the plugins have an 'Enabled' flag and corresponding option in the plugin 'Edit' window.

In 4.60 I don't see the 'Enabled' flag in the UI, or in the 'Edit' window.  The plugin is behaving as if it's not enabled, but I don't see how I can enable it.

Is this something that might have changed in 4.60?
11 months ago
jamieburns wrote:
in 4.50 the plugins have an 'Enabled' flag and corresponding option in the plugin 'Edit' window. In 4.60 I don't see the 'Enabled' flag in the UI, or in the 'Edit' window.  The plugin is behaving as if it's not enabled, but I don't see how I can enable it.

Enabled is in the View displayed from the Edit Button on the Local Plugin List

Did you upgraded the widget code to use the Typeof statements
Did You enable the widgets in the Widget List  https://yourwebsite.com/Admin/Widget/List
11 months ago
Hey - thanks for your response.

Yes, I checked both of those, and they're both fine.

I did manage to figure out what the problem was though - my plugin was inheriting from IMiscPlugin and I found a commit in the 4.60 changes where misc plugins can't be enabled/disabled, and my plugins were being installed with enabled off by default.

I've removed this interface, and I can now see the Enabled checkbox, and turning it on makes the plugin work as expected.