Restrict product attributes based on other attribute selections

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 year ago
Using 4.60.2
I have a product with 5 attributes. I used the option to generate the combinations and then removed the invalid combinations.

If a user selects X then they should only be able to choose A and not B in the next attribute down. If they choose Y then they can choose A or B.

How can we control this so that I can ensure a valid selection when adding to the cart?

I searched and found several discussions about this but no answers and from long ago. I would imagine now in 2023 this should be resolved? If so, what am I doing wrong? Why can a user select a combination that is not in the combinations list?

Thank you.
1 year ago
I'm coming from AbleCommerce where this is handled well. Each selection such as from a drop down attribute refreshes the attribute options and if an invalid option is selected, it's deselected. They have the same thing with attribute combinations but they have a bit column, a checkbox "Enabled". For combinations that are invalid you simply clear the checkbox for that item and it marks it as invalid. So when you make your attribute picks it checks if the combination is enabled or not. It is not an inventory validation system as nop is using.
1 year ago
I made this comment a few years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/72694/product-attributes-and-conditions-am-i-configuring-this-correctly#248454

I don't think the functionality has changed since then.  I.e.  you won't get the invalid combos not to show, but if selected, the customer should not be allowed to add them to the cart.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.