Exception in ShoppingCartService.cs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello.

I'm looking at the nopCommerce v1.90 source, and, in ShoppingCartService.cs, I'm getting an exception while trying to run the application in VS2010.  I simply load the solution into VS2010, click on the Log In link, enter the administrator user name and password ([email protected]/admin), and click the Log in button.  Then boom, I get the exception.

The exception is thrown in GetShoppingCartByCustomerSessionGuid method:

public ShoppingCart GetShoppingCartByCustomerSessionGuid(ShoppingCartTypeEnum shoppingCartType, Guid customerSessionGuid)
        {
            var query = from sci in _context.ShoppingCartItems
                        orderby sci.CreatedOn
                        where sci.ShoppingCartTypeId == (int)shoppingCartType && sci.CustomerSessionGuid == customerSessionGuid
                        select sci;
            var scItems = query.ToList();  // THROWING EXCEPTION ON THIS LINE

var shoppingCart = new ShoppingCart();
            shoppingCart.AddRange(scItems);
            return shoppingCart;
        }

and the exception is:

The specified value is not an instance of type 'Edm.Int32'
Parameter name: value

Can anyone help me identify what the error is and how to fix it?

Thanks.
13 years ago
Weird. I'm not sure whether it'll work but try the following code:

public ShoppingCart GetShoppingCartByCustomerSessionGuid(ShoppingCartTypeEnum shoppingCartType, Guid customerSessionGuid)
        {
            int shoppingCartTypeId = (int)shoppingCartType;
            var query = from sci in _context.ShoppingCartItems
                        orderby sci.CreatedOn
                        where sci.ShoppingCartTypeId == shoppingCartTypeId  && sci.CustomerSessionGuid == customerSessionGuid
                        select sci;
            var scItems = query.ToList();
            var shoppingCart = new ShoppingCart();
            shoppingCart.AddRange(scItems);
            return shoppingCart;
        }
13 years ago
Thanks Andrei!  That seems to have fixed the issue.  I'm not sure what was going on because I'm not that up-to-date on LINQ and/or EF and nopCommerce, but your fix helped.
Thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.