Add new Thumbnail file upload control for product pictures tab in nop V1.80

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
hi..

i want to add thumbnail image for a product.
so i was placed a file upload control inside "Pictures" tab.

and also i was add new column in nop_productpicture table as"ThumbnailPictureId".

its working fine if thumbnail upload control and product upload control contains files and the insert operation completed successfully.

now i have a file thumbupload control now i cliked the upload button then i m receiving this error
i.e)
Message = "The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint \"FK_Nop_ProductPicture_Nop_Picture\". The conflict occurred in database \"Nop_sample\", table \"dbo.Nop_Picture\", column 'PictureID'.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."

note:
if the thumbupload control doesnot have file then i passed "0" to thumbpictureid to database. its working fine.but for existing upload control it show error even i passed "0" to PictureId.

how to handle this..

need ur suggestions with example.

regards
gopal.s
13 years ago
Hi Gopal,

So we have three entities: 'Product' (stored products), 'Picture' (stored pictures), and 'ProductPicture' (mapping between 'Product' and 'Picture'). When you upload a picture (standard behavior) on a product details page, two entities are created and saved:
1. 'Picture' - contains picture
2. 'ProductPicture' - tells that this picture is mapped to a certain product. It allows up to load all pictures mapped to a certains product

I presume you want to add only one thumbnail picture to a product (like it's done for categories or manufacturers). In this case you don't need 'ProductPicture'. Add 'ThumbnailPictureId' property to a 'Product' entity (not to 'ProductPicture'). Then add appropriate functionality to upload thumbnail picture on product details page. After image is uploaded and saved (into 'Nop_Picture' table), update 'ThumbnailPictureId' property to a 'Product'. Look at categories or manufactures in order to get an idea.

P.S. Don't forget to update 'Nop_ProductLoadAllPaged' stored procedure (return new 'ThumbnailPictureId' column)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.