USPS First Class

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
** NOP ADMINS ** please add this to the next version :P
12 years ago
sod_admin wrote:
Okay, I've spent some time working with the USPS shipping module and have made a number of minor tweaks.  Before I get into them I need to point out that while I work for a software company, I am not a coder.  Thankfully many of the issues that I'm fighting (and as reported by many of you) were easy to work through.  

So, back to it.  Shipping can be much more complex than many people realize.  What size boxes can you ship?  How many items can you fit into a given box?  Do you ship from multiple locations?  What shipping options are there from a given shipper?  The USPS module is a very nice start and can do a decent job for basic shipping but needs a lot of optimizing to be good.  There are a number of hacks and shortcomings in the module such as in how package size is calculated and size overrides on international shipping.  To work on these requires more time than I have.  So I focused on the more pressing issues that I saw in the module.  To that end I've made the following corrections/enhancements:

1) First Class shipping is available for packages up to 13 oz.
         NOTE: The first class package type is set to PARCEL.  If you have letters or envelopes you may want to edit it.
     2) Updated the shipping API calls to be V4 - Domestic and V2 - International Compliant
                * Added code to get cart subtotal.  International shipping requires declared value.  Max value is $400 so cart values over $400 are declared as $400.  You will need to change this if it impacts you.
     3) Updated dimension/weight conversion code to overcome a bug in the main nopCommerce code.  Bug report submitted.
     4) Updated the code to use pounds and ounces.  Not sure why the original developer set it to use pounds only.

To use this mod you will need to do the following:
  1) Make a backup copy of your ...\Shipping\USPSComputationMethod.cs file.
  2) Replace the contents of the file with the code below.
  3) Clean and rebuild the solution.
  4) Test, test, test.

Best of luck to you.

-=< See zip file in subsequent post.  Sorry, code was truncated (too long to paste). >=-

Need a little guidance from someone here.  Got 1.9 up and going and would love to get this to work but am having a hard time finding \Shipping\USPSComputationMethod.cs file.  Been all over our FTP and can't seem to find this.  Only thing close we found was under the Administration folder and there is a Shipping folder there but not this file?

Thanks for any help!
12 years ago
To edit that file you will need to download 1.9 with source code and then using VS edit the file and rebuild the solution.  Hope this helps.
12 years ago
Yes it does help!  Thanks so much! Just realized we didn't install with the source :(  So going to try and figure this out now.  Thanks for the input tho!
12 years ago
I know this thread is a little old. I just wanted to resurect it to let you know that this feature will allow you to disable shipping options on a per product basis which would be useful to remove first class shipping options from being a possibility. Please [url=
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10721]vote[/url]
12 years ago
enable/disable shipping options on a per product basis would also require computing separate shipping totals as per this work item
12 years ago
New York wrote:
enable/disable shipping options on a per product basis would also require computing separate shipping totals as per this work item

That is not a true statement. This work item is a totally separate feature and only if that feature is implemented would require calculating separate shipping totals if the customer chooses multiple shipping addresses.
12 years ago
Think about about...
You have two items in your cart.  One is setup to allow Ground and Priority, and the other is setup to only allow Priority.  You can't give them a single choice to pick one of the two options.  The Ground option rate would have only taken into consideration the one item.   The items themselves need to have to separate shipping rates chosen.  So, yes, you don't have different ship to addresses, but you do have separate shipping totals.   (Sure, the system can combine the two rates together and only present one "total" to the customer, but you could also do that with different shipping addresses; underneath the system still needed to calculate two rates separately.)
12 years ago
New York wrote:
Think about about...
You have two items in your cart.  One is setup to allow Ground and Priority, and the other is setup to only allow Priority.  You can't give them a single choice to pick one of the two options.  The Ground option rate would have only taken into consideration the one item.   The items themselves need to have to separate shipping rates chosen.  So, yes, you don't have different ship to addresses, but you do have separate shipping totals.   (Sure, the system can combine the two rates together and only present one "total" to the customer, but you could also do that with different shipping addresses; underneath the system still needed to calculate two rates separately.)

New York, this scenario is totally different than the multiple shipping addresses work item you referenced in your previous post. If one product only allows Priority and the other allows Ground and Priority, then Priority should be the only option available to the customer (both items can ship together). You're over complicating something that should be simple. The shipping algorithm should take care of all contingencies and choose the simplest interface and most effecient shipping prices for the customer.
11 years ago
Hi All,
Please this link is giving 404 error. Do any one still has the file?
http://www.hossnet.com/nopc/USPSComputationMethod.zip
I am try to get the USPS First class working for version 1.9.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.