More example products and testing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,
I have just started to evaluate nopCcommerce 1.9 and I have some questions.

1, Is there anybody who have some script (or the entire database) so that I can import lots and lots of example products. I would like to have a couple of thousand products to play with.

2, Does anybody have some kind of test method for nopCommerce. For example:
1, purchase one product
2, return the product
3, Request password
4…..
so that you easy can try all of nopCcommerce functions to look for bugs or other things you would like to change.
13 years ago
1) If you have already started evaluating then you would have seen the option while installing nopCommerce that you can install test database. If you select that option while nop installation then you will have lot of products to play with.

If you want more than thaose sample products (which are already more than enough to test) then you can do one thing:

Simply create duplicate products in sample database,

Go to admin section > Catalog > Products > Manage Products

Export the excel file and import it back (repeat this step as many times you want and you will have 1000s of products to play with)

2) Don't know what kind of test methods you are looking for. If you have already installed nopCommerce then you can test these things by yourself, it won't even take more than 2 - 5 minutes.

If you don't want to install nopCommerce on your local machine then play with nopCommerce on the demo website: http://demo.nopcommerce.com/default.aspx

Regarding bugs I have already replied you here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9734/list-of-bugsupdates.aspx
13 years ago
Thank you for your quick reply.

Products, I’ll try that. I would like to insert a couple of thousand products to see how nopCommerce behaves.

When it comes to the testing I mean some kind of manual to test everything. One good example is the gift cards. When testing the gift cards you would have to purchase them, return them, cancel them, use them, lose them  and so on just to see exactly how the system works.

Of course you can do it from scratch but it’s difficult to imagine every scenario there is.
13 years ago
Your Welcome !!!

[email protected] wrote:
Thank you for your quick reply.

Products, I’ll try that. I would like to insert a couple of thousand products to see how nopCommerce behaves.

Like I mentioned above #1 point, you can follow that step to increase the number of products in nop Database and you will know how nopCommerce behaves with 1000s of products

[email protected] wrote:

When it comes to the testing I mean some kind of manual to test everything. One good example is the gift cards. When testing the gift cards you would have to purchase them, return them, cancel them, use them, lose them  and so on just to see exactly how the system works.

Of course you can do it from scratch but it’s difficult to imagine every scenario there is.

Like I mentioned above in #2 point, test each scenario that works for your online store and you will know how nopCommerce works. If you don't want to test then you can always look/search for bugs reported by many nop users in different scenarios here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/f/17/bug-reports.aspx
12 years ago
This is an interesting point... do the developers of nopCommerce have a suite of test (unit or otherwise) that users can run?

This would be especially useful when making customizations to ensure we haven't broken anything.
12 years ago
TuppstigenTom wrote:
This is an interesting point... do the developers of nopCommerce have a suite of test (unit or otherwise) that users can run?

This would be especially useful when making customizations to ensure we haven't broken anything.

I am afraid not.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.