Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type - During adding to shopping cart and...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
This is an error below that shows when I try to add product to shopping cart and when try to open shopping cart. Though an error when I add product to shopping cart, product is added.

I have copied all dll files to server twice.

Please help, because I dont know what to do.
Thank you

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type]
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +12730438
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShoppingCartShippingTotal(ShoppingCart cart, Customer customer, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& taxRate, Discount& appliedDiscount, String& error) +2797
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShoppingCartShippingTotal(ShoppingCart cart, Customer customer, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& taxRate, String& error) +168
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShoppingCartShippingTotal(ShoppingCart cart, Customer customer, Boolean includingTax, String& error) +207
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShoppingCartShippingTotal(ShoppingCart cart, Customer customer, String& error) +244
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShoppingCartShippingTotal(ShoppingCart cart, Customer customer) +136
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.OrderTotalsControl.BindData(Boolean isShoppingCart) +3712
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.OrderSummaryControl.BindData() +2161
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.OrderSummaryControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +62
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +421
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1954
13 years ago
Seems that error is in your active shipping rate computation method. Go to Admni area > Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Rate Computation and ensure that your active method is properly configured ('Class name' property). The error is the same as the followng one - https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9643/help-on-new-payment-method-nullexception.aspx
13 years ago
I found solution of this error yesterday at night.

But thank you for replay.

Marek
6 years ago
Markus shared solution please! Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.