Probaly a really stupid question, but HELP

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
so I have installed nopcommerce through the godaddy installation thing, and now I want to log into my backend.  I found the url for that off of copying the file location from the demo store, but now I keep trying to login and it doesn't recognize me.

I have used the defaults
username - [email protected]
password - admin

No Go....

Help please. How do I get into the backend of my site?
13 years ago
What address are you using for the admin section?

Did you not change the credentials for the admin section?

Andrew SQLDBA
13 years ago
With godaddy install, it didn't ask for any of that.  It just installed it and sent me an email saying it was installed.  I have NO idea how to get into my site
13 years ago
What is your domain name?

Andrew SQLDBA
13 years ago
You need to have installed in locally first, set up all the security and the database. Then move the site and the database to the host.

Sounds like all you did was to copy all the file up to the host server. That can be done thru simple FTP.

Did you un-rar the files locally, and then copy all the files to the host?

Now, you need to actually hit the site, using your domain name, and follow the steps in the user guide starting on page 6

Uploading Files to your Web Server
This section describes how to upload the files from the nopCommerce installation to a web server. This is for users not using Visual Studio and need to upload the site to an internet server using the FTP client.
To upload files to a server:

1 Extract the downloaded nopCommerce version to your desktop and create a connection in your FTP client to your web server.

2 Select all the files in the \NopCommerceStore\ directory and upload them to your web server.
Note: Upload them to the root of your directory that is set up for your domain.
Getting Started 7

3 In the control panel of your web server, go to database manager in the domain and create a new SQL server database, providing a name and user for the database.
Note: Alternatively, you can create the database using the nopCommerce Installation Wizard, providing the login details have the privileges on the SQL. You can also use other means, either through direct scripts or the Microsoft SQL Server to create the database.

4 After the database is created, enter the following to run the nopCommerce Installation Wizard, which is located at your domain:

www.yourstore.com/install/install.aspx

Did you do all of that?

Andrew SQLDBA
13 years ago
No - You don't understand - With Godaddy, nopcommerce is one of the applications that they will install for you, you just go through the process and they do the rest.  I am on the phone with them now and they thing their system went weird on me, as they are seeing that several things that should have been installed weren't.  And that there is no username or password to the admin side.  They are correcting it now.

Thank you for your help.
13 years ago
Sounds like you need to use a good hosting service. One where you have full control over your own site and its contents.

I would never, ever allow someone else to select login credentials for any of my sites. You get exactly what you pay for.

Andrew SQLDBA
13 years ago
Again you don't understand - but thank you for your input
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.