Entity Framework changes in nopcommerce 1.90

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi There,
I was very impressed with the Entity Framework Architecture in version 1.80. I liked the way of creating AspNetObjectContextManager and accessing the same objectContext for the request. By the way, I was directed by my friend to check out your example to learn more about EF 4.

But now when I downloaded nopcommerce 1.90, I see all the classes [AspNetOCM, ObjectContextHelper, ObjectContextManager, etc..] are removed and context is added to the Service classes (e.g. CustomerService). Can I please know the reason behind it and if there are any shortcoming in the version 1.80's Entity Framework Architecture. The reason I am concerned is that I don't want to learn the architecture with some shortcomings. I know you guys have always maintained high level of quality in your coding, but I would love to know the reason behind removing the classes from version 1.90

Thanks in advance,

Nimesh
12 years ago
I can't speak for the nop team but 1.9 uses more of a repository pattern and has better separation of concerns. Take a look at the 2.0 version and you will understand why 1.9 was a natural transition.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.