Running multi-store instance of NOP 4.6 with both HTTPS and HTTP stores possible?

6 months ago
Hello.....

We have a multi-store instance of NopCommerce 4.6 that will need to have one of the four stores contained within it running in a non-secured mode (http with no certificate).

From my initial testing, it seems that this may not be possible?  I've got everything setup as I think it should be, with 3 stores set to SSL and HTTPS, and the remaining store set to non-SSL and HTTP.  It will not load (403 error).

My guess is that since the primary store for the instance is using HTTPS, that this may not be possible to do?  Any thoughts would be appreciated before I simply remove the non-SSL store from the multi-store instance and place it in a stand-alone instance.

Thanks for any replies in advance.
6 months ago
Do you mean you have all the stores on the one domain with subdomains ?
If that is the case then I dont think you can do it that way

If you have seperate domains for each store, some with and one without an SSL Certificate in theory it should work given you can switch SSL on of off for each store.

Proof will be in the testing.

Although I wonder what is the need for one store without a certificate ?
6 months ago
Thanks for the reply.........

No on the stores being subdomains..... they will all have unique domain names.

My test instance is using subdomains though, and I've yet to get it to work.  The three HTTPS stores are working fine, but the one test store set to HTTP only is not resolving.

I've got our infrastructure team looking into it.  But I'm beginning to think that this is a NOP issue.

As for why we're having to do this, it shouldn't matter if the setup is supported.  Trust me - there is a need for this scenario in certain situations.  The non-secured domain/store will be used for informational purposes only and will not have any products available for purchase (shopping will be disabled).
6 months ago
An update..... the server admin added an HTTPS binding to the unsecured domain, which changed the results from a 404 error to a ".... too many redirects" error.  I knew at this point all that was needed was to toggle on the SSL support and change the URL to HTTPS in the store settings and yes, the site renders in secured mode.

This will not work for our production environment, so I'll be forced to place the site into its own instance of NOP to be able to run it without SSL support.