SOLVED: Automated Emails when order is placed, shipped

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Eduardo:

That is exactly right! I found out from this bog:  http://ryan.d3-systems.com/customizing-emails-in-nopcommerce.html

Thanks for your effort, this is the secont time you provide valuable help to me (the first time was with the ACL remember?)
anyway, If I may pick your brains a bit more:

Let's suppose I integrated with UPS or USPS, Does the order's demographic details, like address etc get automatically sent to them?

Do they print a shipping label?

When I get a tracking number, am I and the customer notified?

Thanks for your help!

Robert L.
13 years ago
rober4t wrote:
Eduardo:

That is exactly right! I found out from this bog:  http://ryan.d3-systems.com/customizing-emails-in-nopcommerce.html

Thanks for your effort, this is the secont time you provide valuable help to me (the first time was with the ACL remember?)
anyway, If I may pick your brains a bit more:

Let's suppose I integrated with UPS or USPS, Does the order's demographic details, like address etc get automatically sent to them?

Do they print a shipping label?

When I get a tracking number, am I and the customer notified?

Thanks for your help!

Robert L.

Hi Robert:
Sorry but I am not familiar with the integration of shipping companies.
13 years ago
HI, Can you tell me if you can have more than one admin email address entered, so that when that person is away i can receive the orders and new customer registration notificatons?
13 years ago
rober4t wrote:

1) Let's suppose I integrated with UPS or USPS, Does the order's demographic details, like address etc get automatically sent to them?

2) Do they print a shipping label?

3) When I get a tracking number, am I and the customer notified?

Thanks for your help!

Robert L.

Hello Robert,

1) Lets assume you want FedEx shipping method on your website. Now first you will configure FedEx shipping details in your admin section. In order to do so, you will go:

Admin section > Configuration > Shipping > Shipping Rate Computation

Select FedEX

In the FedEX Edit shipping rate computation method page > select 2nd tab "Configuration"

Here you will enter your FedEX account credentials along with that below in the form you will enter the "Shipping origin Address".

After saving this change you will go back to 1st menu tab "System Info" and mark the checkbox "Active"

Now FedEx Shipping method has been configured on your website.

Now when customer will checkout on your website, the shipping address provided by customer will be used as "Destination Address" and you have already configured the "Shipping origin Address" in admin section.

Now, nopCommerce code will use these details to talk with shipping company's web services and hence customer will be able to see the live rates.

In the code, shipping weight / dimensions will be used in calculating these rates (which YOU MUST enter while adding a product in your database from admin section)

(If product doesn't have shipping weight saved, then shipping rate won't be calculated and customer will receive an error message while checkout process)

This is the complete process, how shipping rates are calculated - Same logic is used for UPS and USPS.

2) Talking about shipping labels - Once you have received an order from a customer on your website, you can print the packaging slip for that order by going to Admin section > Sales > Orders > (Select order > print packaging slip)
There won't be any specific shipping label from shipping company.

3) Tracking Number - Once you receive tracking number after shipping the product, you can easily add the tracking number in the order details by going to:
Admin section > Sales > Orders > (Select order > select 3rd tab "shipping info" > set tracking number)

Now this tracking number will be visible on the order receipt, on your side as well as customer's side.

I hope this will help you in understanding the process...If you face any problem, feel free to ask !
13 years ago
fowler1 wrote:
HI, Can you tell me if you can have more than one admin email address entered, so that when that person is away i can receive the orders and new customer registration notificatons?

Hi,

Sure you can add as many email address to receive notification messages from your website.

Let's assume you also want to receive new customer notification (along with the store admin)

To add your email address, go to:

Admin section > Content Management > Templates > Message templates

Select "NewCustomer.Notification " - click on "Edit"

In the message template, you will see "BCC"
Just add your email address in that area and save it (if you want to add more than 1 then seperate each email address by "," comma)

save and and test it

Follow the same pattern for other notification messages.
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Hi:

Does anyone know if nopCommerce 1.9 have these features?

1. Automatically Email Admin that an order has been placed
2. Automatically Email Customer through each stage of the order: Pending, Shipped etc.
3. Print lables for shipping to customer.

If it does have these features, how do I go about enabling them?Hi Robert:
Besidews what Barry told you, check admin>content management>templates>message templates. There you define contents and activate/desactivate each type of mail

Hi,

This was great help, thanks.  I am using 1.9 and get the fallowing message:

"Order placed" email (to customer) has been queued. Queued email identifier: 18
The “Display to customer” is also showing false.

I have:

1. Set the email account in the configuration and have sent a successful test from it.
2. Checked the “Is Aactive”  in admin>content management>templates>message templates

Thanks,
Shema
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.