wrong version of dependencies in "<plugin>.deps.json"

4 months ago
Hello @all,
I got an urgent problem that leads to an error "HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start " when visiting our webshop.
The stdout-log tells me
Unhandled exception. System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.InitializePlugins(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, PluginConfig pluginConfig)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.InitializePlugins(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, PluginConfig pluginConfig)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, WebApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Program.<Main>$(String[] args)

and it's partly correct. the "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions.dll" DOES exists in the IIS websites root BUT in the version 7.2.0.0.

In my "<plugin>.deps.json" it has a reference to "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 8.0.0"

I compared it with another plugins (misc.zettle) "deps.json" file and it contains a reference to
"Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 7.0.0".

so of coure the misc.zettle plugin works since it asks for version 7 which is in the websites root.
my plugin asks for version 8 but I don't know why.
The "deps.json" is autogenerated, so how do I change the reference to version 7?

my plugins "deps.json" contains references like this:
"Autofac.Extensions.DependencyInjection/8.0.0": {
        "dependencies": {
          "Autofac": "6.4.0",
          "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions": "8.0.0"}

whereas "misc.zettle.deps.json" contains
          "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions": "7.0.0"}

So both depend on "Autofac 6.4.0" but on different versions of "dependencyinjection.abstractions"

Ideally, my plugin should NOT ask for a specific version of any reference orelse it can only be used in an environment with all the same dependency versions that my development environment uses.

Also, i compiled the "misc.zettle" plugin myself and... the generated "deps.json" now asks for the references in version 8.0.0

In my production system I installed "nopcommerce 4.60.5 nosource version".
in my dev environment I got the "source code version", of course.
So why does the "source code" generates "deps.json" files that differ from the ones the "nosource version" contains?
3 months ago
strange, i got an email saying there was a new post created to my topic, but I don't see it... so nobody has a solution for me?
3 months ago
macmac2121 wrote:
Hello @all,
I got an urgent problem that leads to an error "HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start " when visiting our webshop.
The stdout-log tells me
Unhandled exception. System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.

---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'FluentMigrator, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aacfc7de5acabf05'
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
File name: 'Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, WebApplicationBuilder builder)
   at Program.<Main>$(String[] args)

and it's partly correct. the "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions.dll" DOES exists in the IIS websites root BUT in the version 7.2.0.0.

In my "<plugin>.deps.json" it has a reference to "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 8.0.0"

I compared it with another plugins (misc.zettle) "deps.json" file and it contains a reference to
"Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions 7.0.0".

so of coure the misc.zettle plugin works since it asks for version 7 which is in the websites root.
my plugin asks for version 8 but I don't know why.
The "deps.json" is autogenerated, so how do I change the reference to version 7?

my plugins "deps.json" contains references like this:
          "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions": "8.0.0"}

whereas "misc.zettle.deps.json" contains
          "Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions": "7.0.0"}

So both depend on "Autofac 6.4.0" but on different versions of "dependencyinjection.abstractions"

Ideally, my plugin should NOT ask for a specific version of any reference orelse it can only be used in an environment with all the same dependency versions that my development environment uses.

Also, i compiled the "misc.zettle" plugin myself and... the generated "deps.json" now asks for the references in version 8.0.0

In my production system I installed "nopcommerce 4.60.5 nosource version".
in my dev environment I got the "source code version", of course.
So why does the "source code" generates "deps.json" files that differ from the ones the "nosource version" contains?

Hi, are you sure, you have created a release build in the same nop commerce source version? i.e 4.60.5 ?

I mean this can happen if your production system is running on miner older version (i.e 4.60.3) & Your dev environment version is the newer one (i.e: 4.60.5) plz verify the same. or use this https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/releases/download/release-4.60.5/nopCommerce_4.60.5_Source.zip  source to create a release build of your plugin.

I encountered a similar issue with stripe NugetPakcage but was able to fix it after I created a plugin release build from exact same version of nopcommerce which was running on my production.