Mobile Interface (NOP on mobile phones, smartphones etc)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi All,

Checked out the roadmap and have seen the mobi-cart posts but I'm curious about a genuine NOP mobile interface.

With Magento releasing M-commerce and the sheer increase in mobile access plus smart phones I think a mobile interface should become a priority for NOPCommerce.

Any NOP team, developers or community add-ons please reply with more information.

We're familiar with iPhone apps and jQuery Mobile, again just want to use something that exists already rather than go from scratch to get such features.
12 years ago
Thanks for suggestion. It's already on our roadmap. You can go and vote for this task here. I think mobile support will be added within the next 12-18 months.
12 years ago
Glad to hear it's on the roadmap already. I voted on the codeplex ticket.

Here's the added information I was thinking out loud about -

1. Mobile Compatible Only, no actual app to install - see jQuery Mobile which would support a huge array of devices, include excellent quality design and easy theming plus support .NET.

2. Mobile Apps (Complete Applications) - actual app install on each unique device - see Phone Gap - again easily support native multiple device applications.

I think by integrating tools such as the 2 options above the NOP team could cut down the work requirements, speed up roadmap deliver to public release version and easy to customise design themes.

Just my two cents anyhow.
12 years ago
There is already a working mobile solution for NopCommerce here
http://www.catchytech.com/MobiShop.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.