When is 2.0 going to be released?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Any ideas on a release date for 2.0?
12 years ago
frankiewicks wrote:
Any ideas on a release date for 2.0?

June-july

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6696/developer-roadmap-1-moving-to-mvc-your-thoughts.aspx?p=22
12 years ago
Just wondered if anyone had decided on a specific date though.... june is only three weeks away...
12 years ago
I'm expecting to see the "2.0 beta tester needed" posted here:)
12 years ago
I would love to hear if/when the dev team has decided on some release date for 2.0.

Probably a lot of people right now are trying to make up their minds whether go setup their shops with 1.9 or wait some more for 2.0. Knowing with a bit more certainty when to expect 2.0 would go a long way to easing the decision :-)

regards,

Filip
12 years ago
you can chase v2.0 on Codeplex
http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets
12 years ago
wx,

I am following the project at Codeplex, but apart from "Move to MVC" there are no open tasks there. Nothing to gauge progress or the work remaining to release. At least I don't see it.

Filip
12 years ago
You can download the project and you will find how much they have done. so you can decide by yourself when beta version can be released.
12 years ago
wxDevelopment wrote:
You can download the project and you will find how much they have done. so you can decide by yourself when beta version can be released.

I appreciate your advice, but some of us are not  professional developers. They used to say it would be released May/June now June/July. How do I know that in a month or two they won't say July/August. Some kind of timeline would be great so that we can decide whether to set up shop with 1.9 or wait.

I do understand that there is a lot of work involved and I don't mean to push anyone. But it doesn't seem like a reliable ETA is a lot to ask for...
12 years ago
Taseaford wrote:
I appreciate your advice, but some of us are not  professional developers. They used to say it would be released May/June now June/July. How do I know that in a month or two they won't say July/August. Some kind of timeline would be great so that we can decide whether to set up shop with 1.9 or wait.

In a software development project is very normal to have delays, it's even more common to miss deadlines when there are architecture changes such as in this case, I prefer that they take the time to stabilize the solution and have it ready when it's ready.

Remember that from a feature point of view version 2.0 will be almost exactly as version 1.9, so If you are in a hurry implement your store in 1.9, when 2.0 comes out and its stable you will be able to migrate.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.