Cant find where script has been inserted.. Help!

2 months ago
HI All

Very frustrating - we have just swapped SEO companies and the old one supplied call tracking via call rail. They have inserted a script which swaps our mobile phone numbers for a trackable number but for the life of me I cannot find where the hell it is to delete it - I have asked the SEO company and they dont know how it was put in??

Script appears in the source for all pages but can be found and operates on https://fullworksfiresafety.com.au/contactus

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve O

Edit NOP 4.40.4

2 months ago
You can
1. Search through the files, it is most likely to be in the _Root.Head.cshtml file which is inside the shared directory of your views. If not then you can search through all the files using Visual Studio or notepad++ or any other editor
2. Check the "Custom <head> tag" field in the general setting in the admin section {yourStoreurl}/Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon
2 months ago
sanju.dahal741 wrote:
You can
1. Search through the files, it is most likely to be in the _Root.Head.cshtml file which is inside the shared directory of your views. If not then you can search through all the files using Visual Studio or notepad++ or any other editor
2. Check the "Custom <head> tag" field in the general setting in the admin section {yourStoreurl}/Admin/Setting/GeneralCommon

Thanks Sanju
I have searched all files (took a back up of the site and searched locally on my machine) no obvious strings found.

Re Number 2 - all that is in there is the google site verification

Appreciate your help.

Steve
2 months ago
Hi Steve,
I can inspect and down the bottom of the page there is

<script type="text/javascript" id="" src="//cdn.calltrk.com/companies/890501641/903056ff222556ed232c/12/swap.js"></script>
There are a few different calltrk.com scripts called

CallTrk: CALL TRACKING SERVICE

If that maybe it then you search the code for calltrk.com and see if you find that

A
2 months ago
Yidna wrote:
Hi Steve,
I can inspect and down the bottom of the page there is

<script type="text/javascript" id="" src="//cdn.calltrk.com/companies/890501641/903056ff222556ed232c/12/swap.js"></script>
There are a few different calltrk.com scripts called

CallTrk: CALL TRACKING SERVICE

If that maybe it then you search the code for calltrk.com and see if you find that

A

Hi A

Thanks - Ive honestly searched everything I can.. its callrail (the tracking company) and we are meant to be finished up with them, but nobody can tell me where to code was inserted! Very frustrating..  I used windows search (in contents) for a good number of variants of the script wording but nothing came up anywhere.. I did think it should be in one of the root files but no..

SEO company is driving me nuts as they dont know how it was added..

Steve
2 months ago
5teve wrote:
I used windows search (in contents) for a good number of variants of the script wording but nothing came up anywhere.. I did think it should be in one of the root files but no..
Steve

May be it is stored somewhere in database
I would search the following
1. /Admin/WidgetsGoogleAnalytics/Configure Google analytics plugin, if it is enabled
2. /Admin/Setting/AllSettings in the settings
3. /Admin/Topic/List at the topic pages
2 months ago
In Admin, check your Widget plugins.  In particular, as mentioned above, the Google analytics plugin, since you can put any tracking code in there.
/Admin/WidgetsGoogleAnalytics/Configure
2 months ago
New York wrote:
In Admin, check your Widget plugins.  In particular, as mentioned above, the Google analytics plugin, since you can put any tracking code in there.
/Admin/WidgetsGoogleAnalytics/Configure

That widget is deactivated - and the code isnt in there. but thank you.

Steve
2 months ago
sanju.dahal741 wrote:
I used windows search (in contents) for a good number of variants of the script wording but nothing came up anywhere.. I did think it should be in one of the root files but no..
Steve

May be it is stored somewhere in database
I would search the following
1. /Admin/WidgetsGoogleAnalytics/Configure Google analytics plugin, if it is enabled
2. /Admin/Setting/AllSettings in the settings
3. /Admin/Topic/List at the topic pages

Thanks for the input again - also not in any of those...

This is very annoying.. for something so simple.

The thing that has me thrown is that its in the body of the page..  not the header or footer
2 months ago
5teve wrote:
... a script which swaps our mobile phone numbers for a trackable number ...
Script appears in the source ...

If I "view page source" your contact page, I see several scripts.  Which one are you referring to?