nopCommerce in Kubernetes environment

3 weeks ago
Hello,

We are experimenting with nopCommerce. I have had no trouble setting up and running the local development environment, or being able to make it run in Docker, but getting it to run in Kubernetes has been nothing but trouble so far. I can access the installation screen just fine, and I know that it does install as I can see that it creates all the tables and dummy data in the database, but after installation it seems like the container restarts and then comes back to the installation screen as if it hasn't been installed yet. My guess was that I needed to make a volume for /App_Data/ and I did, but then the container won't start at all anymore. I've also tried to build my own image with the appsettings.json configured to use the database that it made during the installation, but that didn't work either.

Is there any documentation on what the proper way is to set this up in a Kubernetes environment? Or can anyone point me in the right direction?
3 weeks ago
It is true that the App_Data folder is updated with the .json files that would then prevent the install from reappearing.  I've not done nopC in Kubernetes.  Check older posts to see if anything helps
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Anopcommerce.com+Kubernetes
3 weeks ago
I will be interested for the same as well as we failed with the same thing and then ended up hosting it in traditional way. Share the solution for the same once you find.