Manage Orders Without Permission to Dashboard?

2 weeks ago
nopC 4.60.5

An employee needs to be able to manage orders but we do not want them seeing the dashboard. This is because it shows financial information such as how much revenue the store is generating. An employee could use this information to get discouraged about what they "feel" they should be paid in relation to how much the store is generating. Employees have no concept of expenses, etc. Therefore, this information should be hidden. And possibly remove the reports section too.

How to give manage orders without giving the permission "Admin Area"? Because it seems you cannot have admin area without the dashboard widgets.

Regards,
Drew

Also, I do not use the source version of Nop. Not a developer.

For reference, I found this thread but it seems this is done on purpose. By this logic, we should also give employees access to our accounting software too? :/
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/25385/feature-request-disable-dashboard-for-a-role
2 weeks ago
This could be achieved with a Plugin where the Dashboard only allows access to limited function Order Management page which would be controlled via the ACL
What order information does the Employee need to view for an Order ?
What operations does the Employee need to preform with a Order  ?
2 weeks ago
Employee should only see the list of orders, their details and be able to add notes, add, edit and delete items. Issue refunds. So, anything that is allowed currently except just do not show the dashboard and all the widgets there. Remove the "dashboard" and reports items from the menu on the left hand side. Maybe block direct page access too by url.

I believe the trouble is where do you send the user after login if there is no dashboard? In this case, send them straight to the order list.

Regards,
Drew
2 weeks ago
In this case, do you want to hide the pricing in the order listing and detail page too?
Else user can filter the order by date and get the store's revenue for the specified amount of time too.
Nevertheless, the feature you are looking for requires some customization and can be achieved as Yidna has suggested with a plugin using the access control list
2 weeks ago
Good point. Had not considered the date filter to get the same totals. I will need to learn MVC or hire a competent developer to accomplish this. Appreciate all the input.

Regards,
Drew
1 week ago
A workaround would be to add some Razor code in a .cshml file(s) which does not require recompile of the app.

(If interested, I can probably post some snippets here.  What version of nopCommerce?)