nopCommerce 2.0 database needed for NopAdmin upgrade

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of making several upgrades to NopAdmin to prepare it for compatibility with nopCommerce 2.0.  I downloaded a build of nopC 2.0 last week so I could get a copy of the nopC 2.0 database, however the database .mdf was not included in the package and the sql scripts were largely blank.  

Can one of the developers of nopC 2.0 please contact me and tell me how/where I can get a copy of the latest nopC 2.0 database?

Thanks so much!

Regards,
Shawn

Fast, Easy nopCommerce Administration
www.nopadmin.com
12 years ago
Please see the following forum post of "theonlylawislove": https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6696/developer-roadmap-1-moving-to-mvc-your-thoughts.aspx?p=23#40344
12 years ago
Andrei, thanks.  

I downloaded the latest build and loaded MVC 3 and SQL Compact version 4 on my machine and after a while was able to run the project.  

I do see the SQL Compact file Nop.db.Sdf file in \Presentation\Nop.Web\App_Data however I cannot open it in SQL Server Management Studio.  I have SQL 2008 R2 engine loaded.   When I try to connect to the sdf file using the "SQL Server Compact" option I get an error "This is not a valid SQL Server Compact Database file or this file version is not supported by current SQL Server Compact Engine.  (SQL Server Compact ADO.NET data provider)

What do I need to do to be able to open the sdf data file?

Thank you for your time,
Shawn
12 years ago
http://arcanecode.com/2007/04/10/creating-a-sql-server-compact-edition-database-using-visual-studio-server-explorer/
http://erikej.blogspot.com/2010/12/visual-studio-tools-for-sql-server.html
12 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Perfect.  I got connected to the database.  Thank you!

Regards,

Shawn
12 years ago
Hi Andrei,

One thing I got to thinking about - many NopAdmin clients use NopAdmin to load/develop their nopCommerce storefronts locally as well as continue to manage them remotely once the store goes live.  I see that you are using SQL CE as the database in 2.0.  I believe I understand the reasoning behind this switch from a SQL db, however I've not seen that remote connections (ie desktop apps) to a SQL CE db are supported.   This means that in the current nopCommerce 2.0 form NopAdmin 2.0 clients will not be able to manage remote nopCommerce stores.  Do you have any suggestions for a workaround or do you have another method planned that will allow for remote management?

Thank you,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
12 years ago
I don't known a workaround. But other SQL database (SQL Express, SQl Standard, etc) will also be supported.
12 years ago
Andrei:

<whew!>  OK, you've planned ahead for that then.....great.  Will the user be able to select which db they want to use, or how will they choose SQL vs CE?  Just wondering.... I'm going to have to make it clear in NopAdmin that CE will be supported for local management only then.

Thanks for your help as always!
-Shawn
12 years ago
Store owners will be able to choose a database type during installation
12 years ago
But i didn't see installation screen can please help me how i can get it . But i found

string connectionString =  "Data Source=" + HostingEnvironment.MapPath("~/App_Data/") + @"Nop.Db.sdf;Persist Security Info=False";

in \src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\DependencyRegistar.cs file. Can you please assist me how can i do it.?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.