Nop commerce does not support True Multi currency

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 năm cách đây
I just wanted to comment on the current status of Nopcommerce and True Multi currency.

I am a developer ( ex C# - now nodejs )  and I run a business using Magento.  I have come to the conclusion that Magento is a piece of junk - I just spent around $30,000 trying to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.  Because of the extensions I need - they are conflicting ( even though mostly from the same provider ).  I have used Magento since 2009 and version 1.3 and I have watched Nopcommerce over the years to see how the features compare.

One HUGE gap - and I don't think it would be a difficult one to fill - is true multi currency.  Because of globalisation most people are looking for a solution where their customers can pay in their own currency - and be invoiced in that currency as well.  Even Shopify has realised this is a must - but they restrict pay in your own currency to their payments only https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency

I am blown away by the speed and professionalism of Nopcommerce.  It is very fast, scores very high on the Google Lighthouse audit ( in chrome dev tools ) in most cases, and setting up multi-store, multi pricing and multi-currency etc is a breeze.    Most of the extensions I installed for Magento are ready out of the box with Nopcommerce.    And yet the end of the customer experience is ruined by such a small thing!  It's unbelievable.  You could be leading the e-commerce race and blowing Magento out of the water.

You just need to be able to:
- store base currency rates and selected currency rates ( or even just an exchange rate as an order attribute )
- configure whether base or selected currencies are shown on the invoice ( or both ), and generate / view/print the invoice based on the exchange rate stored
- Pass the select currency total to payment methods and account for receiving the correct values back from the payment gateway ( correct currency )

I wonder - given that everyone is moving to a more online space if you should have a version that is better supported but for small-to-medium businesses ( rather than a full blown enterprise version )  and sell that version under a different license.  I would pay for some sort of support.  Shopify and Bigcommerce start at around $2000/ month which is just too much.  something like:
- Optimised hosting for nopCommerce
- Connecting to vetted developers that you know do good work
- A small monthly fee for a restricted number of support incidences ( maybe more at the start )

Anyway - just thinking out loud.. I am surprised your product has not done better than it has.
3 năm cách đây
Did you happen to make any progress with multi currency? We are currently looking for a good way to handle different currencies in different countries, ideally having the website automatically switch currency (both displays, and what the user is charged), and we're looking for a resolution.
3 năm cách đây
This has been dicussed before
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/46994/select-currency-based-on-countryip-in-currency-selector

The real question is how do you work out where a person is an what currency and language to automatialy select ?

On a smart phone you can geolocate
On a desktop the IP Address is not going to tell you and the browser may not tell you

I guess that is why it is left to the user to simply select their default currency  and language
3 năm cách đây
That's why you have multi store.  we are in New Zealand and we have 4 Magento stores ( 1 back end )
- AU defaults to AUD and 10% GST
- NZ is the base currency and defaults to NZD and 15% GST
- UK defaults to GBP and defaults to 20% VAT
- USA defaults to USD and defaults to no tax
- Tax is ultimately calculated at the checkout based on shipping address, but having the correct tax inclusive prices on the site makes the whole experience a lot more seamless.

Then we have GEO IP which will change the currency to their specific currency ( but keeps the taxes specific to the site ) .
3 năm cách đây
That might be true (in addition to Yidna's post)
here is an example
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/30555/set-languagecurrency-by-geoip-help
that looks like could be advanced by GeoLookupService
but in addition+ it seems you should have appropriate/smart ExchangeRate provider in order to calculate rates depending on
1 country the user has come from,
2 country the store is located
3 or bank/payment system she is going to use

is it possible that she has came from Ukraine but would pay by credit card of Deutsche bank?
3 năm cách đây
The other issue with multi-currency is that store owners want to set the specific price in those currencies; i.e. not rely on 'conversion'.  Typical usage is "psychological pricing" - e.g. ending a price in 0.99 like 9.99 or 19.99.   It would seem that that feature is really needed for " support True Multi currency".   (There are other topics discussing it ;)
3 năm cách đây
Hm.. I would say "psychological pricing" (PP) is exactly dedicated feature.
What if .99 or .95 rounding will be applied after rates conversion (RC)?

ex. $ is a base currency EUR is a second
rate is 1 EUR to USD = 1.22096 US Dollars
PP lowering .99
----------------
we have Nuts - $5.1 -> PP $4.99
                            RC EUR 5.1/1.22096 = 4.18 -> PP €3.99

m? ))
3 năm cách đây
Yes, "psychological pricing" could be considered a separate feature.  It was just one example.  There is an open issue regarding product price per currency:
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/1
(Note, it's issue "#1" ;)
3 năm cách đây
regarding given explanation nop has huge architectural issue in the current pricing implementation to make proposed one come true. Why huge, cuz even plugin makers cannot make money here) I'm quite new with nop to add so deep technical comments. but something tells me that nothing is impossible)

about issue #1. the date is Jan 13, 2016 so lets celebrate 5th anniversary! ))
3 năm cách đây
Most of task was imported from codeplex, but this issue have probably more years old than nop commerce :D
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.