Furniture theme released (by nopCommerce team)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
when vendors are being stifled by creating a disadvantage, which you thought is a nopCommerce "divine right" (nobody questions the right though)?

I am not sure about this 7Spikes.  If anyone had any "rights", wouldn't it be Andrei since he's the guy that made Nopcommerce?  Actually, he might be the one at a disadvantage since he has to work on fixing bugs in nopcommerce and cannot concentrate solely on the development of themes and plugins.

I think there is room for everyone to get a share of the pie.  On codeplex there are 41326 downloads for version 2.8.  If half of those people bought one theme for $100 and 3 plugins for $50 each it would mean the market was worth $5,165,750 dollars.  And that is a small estimate don't you think?  

I would love to hear from all the theme and plugin vendors about how big their market revenue is, to get a better picture how big the Nopcommerce market really is.  If people didn't want that public they could all PM me and I could compile the grand total... Maybe?  What do you all think?

My guess is that as long as third party vendors offer competitive themes and plugins at competitive prices they will do just fine.

@Andrei good luck on your theme!
11 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
... cannot concentrate solely on development of themes and plugins.

I personally do not develop themes or plugins. This theme was also developed by other persons (team members, not by third-party developers). I also do not write source code for customization services. I just control the process and result =)

Currently I work (coding) only on the official package (primary focus as a developer) and partially on the premium support services
11 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:

I think there is room for everyone to get a share of the pie.  On codeplex there are 41326 downloads for version 2.8.  If half of those people bought one theme for $100 and 3 plugins for $50 each it would mean the market was worth $5,165,750 dollars.  And that is a small estimate don't you think?

Tim, if your estimates were correct we would not even bother writing in this thread :-))). We would probably be chilling somewhere on a Caribbean Island, drinking Maitais and all sort of mixes that involve Jamaican Rum. I don't think that half of the people are willing to spend money on themes or extensions, it is a much smaller fraction probably 5% - 10% and of these not more than 50% are willing to spend as much as $250.

a.m. wrote:

No worries about. As I've already written we do not plan to develop dozen or hundreds of commercial themes or plugins. Our primary focus is customization services. I don't think that 4 "official" themes can stifle a really good third-party vendor.

Andrei, I know you are probing the market with these 4 themes but I would like to save you some time and assure you 1000% that your themes will fly, as far as sales are concerned. When this happens you will have a really strong incentive to develop more and more themes. So I don't want to question your plans but I think there is a great probability that they might change.

In any case, we have expressed our concerns so that we have no regrets if they turn out to be true.

Whatever happens, we like nopCommerce so much and trust it so much that we will keep working with it in one way or another.
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
I don't think that half of the people are willing to spend money on themes or extensions, it is a much smaller fraction probably 5% - 10% and of these not more than 50% are willing to spend as much as $250.

I would even say less than 1%.

Less than 10% of all downloads become live stores later (a lot of people download nopCommerce just to play with it, see source code, etc).
11 years ago
I noticed that there is a URL field when purchasing the theme. Is there a best practice to make plugins domain specific as well?

Also, a minor usability improvement would be to add titles to the View as icons for Grid and List.
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi,

Today we release a new Furniture theme for nopCommerce.

Please find more information about it on the product details page here.

Also please see live demo.

Looking forward for your feedback

heading in the right direction. Themes should be from Nopcommerce because Nop is released every 3 months and customization will be done every 3 months as well.

wonderful job....
11 years ago
I have a question about the theme. If the theme is purchased, then can it be still used in nop 3.0 with update? or cannot be used in other than nop 2.8?

Thanks
11 years ago
organic wrote:
I have a question about the theme. If the theme is purchased, then can it be still used in nop 3.0 with update? or cannot be used in other than nop 2.8?

As you can see here the theme includes lifetime upgrades. So you can use it with any nopCommerce version you want. Of course, this version should be supported by the theme. Currently it is 2.80 only. But when we release 3.00, we'll also update the theme for this version (it will take several days) and you'll be able use it with 3.00
11 years ago
Hi people.

Yesterday I bought and installed the theme in a test store

However the home page slider appears duplicated.

Have you had this problem? How do I resolve this?

The Store URL is: http://192.169.63.8/

Regards

Renato/Brazil

-------------

I uninstalled and re-ran the procedures described in the file sent along to the theme and it worked.
Now the site is OK
Thanks.
11 years ago
renatogmail wrote:

Right. Once the theme helper plugin is installed you have to preconfigure it on the plugin configuration page in admin area. Just click "Preconfigure" button on the "Preconfigure system" tab. This tab also contains a list of steps done for correct working of the theme.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.