Mobile commerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Mobile commerce module is available for nopCommerce 1.9
1) It works on iphone/android and other xhtml compliant phones.
2) The module can detect if the site is being accessed through mobile device and redirect to the mobile version.
3) It has support for Google mobile checkout and PayPal mobile.
4) It uses content adaptation and server side image resizing according to the screen of the mobile device.
More details here
12 years ago
Looks great
12 years ago
How do you plan to make the transition to version 2.0 ?? Since it will be in ASP.NET MVC do you plan to use some mobile javascript framework such as jQuery Mobile ??

Does it extend an existing Nop commerce implementation flawessly ?? If I have some custom shipping and payment modules do they work fine or what does it take to adapt them ??

Great product, I´m going to keep an eye on it certainly.
12 years ago
progresivo wrote:
How do you plan to make the transition to version 2.0 ?? Since it will be in ASP.NET MVC do you plan to use some mobile javascript framework such as jQuery Mobile ??

Does it extend an existing Nop commerce implementation flawessly ?? If I have some custom shipping and payment modules do they work fine or what does it take to adapt them ??

Great product, I´m going to keep an eye on it certainly.

Tha plan in MVC is to make new views for mobile. Not planning to use jquery mobile right now because it's still slow on most phones (maybe when they will have a finished stable version it will be faster). So for now it will be just pages in MVC.

It does fit existing nopcommerce as it is out of the box, not all payment modules support mobile, let me know if you're insterested in a spceific one, I'll test it. If you develop new payment module you have to make it fit for mobile, perhaps we can do it together.

Some of the features which are not related to sales, are not implemented in mobile, for example RMA Return.
The selling process is in mobile from start to end.

Thanks for the interest,
Lev
12 years ago
Well, the payment module is just useful in one country (Colombia) so it really isn't worth it to be developed for a wider audience, in that case I believe it would be better to buy the source code version.

Thanks for your help,
12 years ago
How does it work, you redirect the customer to the paymenty company site? Like paypal std. - redirect to paypal site to give payment details.

Or is it like payment with credit card on the nopCommerce site itself like authorize.net ?

If this is like the second version then you don't have to develop anything.
12 years ago
LevGe wrote:
If this is like the second version then you don't have to develop anything.

Yes it is like the second version, it redirects to an external site to continue process, good to know that !!
12 years ago
I meant if it redirects, then the site you redirect to has to support mobile
12 years ago
We've implemented the mobiShop addon on our shop, you can try it here www.PlayZone.be/m

I truly recommand this add-on and also the excellent support you get from http://www.catchytech.com/.

Kind Regards,
Ludo Vandenbempt

PlayZone.be
12 years ago
Thanks Ludo
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.