Publishing 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
test02/admin/ doesn't work either?

it works but I should enter it manually
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
Nop.Web ==>  Published\Web\
Nop.Admin ==> Published\Web\Nop\

Make sure the .dlls from Nop.Admin (Published\Web\Nop\bin\) are moved and exist in (Published\Web\bin\).

I think Paul wanted to write:
Nop.Web ==>  Published\Administration\
Nop.Admin ==> Published\Web\Administration\
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
That won't work. There is one important thing to see here.

Nop.Web and Nop.Admin are two web applications. They both need to be published to the same directory.

Nop.Web ==>  Published\Web\
Nop.Admin ==> Published\Web\Nop\

Make sure the .dlls from Nop.Admin (Published\Web\Nop\bin\) are moved and exist in (Published\Web\bin\).

When it is time for this project to release, I will be creating a .bat that will deploy everything correctly for you to a "\Published\" folder.

I tried to install nopCommerce last night, it worked partially, basically I got site run well in five minutes, except Admin area:

1. Get latest source code from Codeplex.
2. Change Nop.Web point to http://localhost:2451/, Nop.Admin to http://localhost:2451/Admin on IIS Express 7.5 (I think it will be same as IIS 7 too).
3. Create a blank NopCommerce database and provide installation screen with its information.
4. Admin area didn't work, although I tried to make it as a virtual directory under Nop.Web or a standalone web application, I always got this error (see picture). Don't understand what error mean since everything seems correct, it said there is no default document? my god, I saw both HomeController and Index action in Nop.Admin, didn't I?

Is there help? Thanks,

Error: http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae212/gausau/screenshot1.jpg
12 years ago
Tiendq wrote:

I tried to install nopCommerce last night, it worked partially, basically I got site run well in five minutes, except Admin area:

1. Get latest source code from Codeplex.
2. Change Nop.Web point to http://localhost:2451/, Nop.Admin to http://localhost:2451/Admin on IIS Express 7.5 (I think it will be same as IIS 7 too).
3. Create a blank NopCommerce database and provide installation screen with its information.
4. Admin area didn't work, although I tried to make it as a virtual directory under Nop.Web or a standalone web application, I always got this error (see picture). Don't understand what error mean since everything seems correct, it said there is no default document? my god, I saw both HomeController and Index action in Nop.Admin, didn't I?

Is there help? Thanks,

Please watch my video I've created How To publish nopCommerce v2.00 it will help you.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10575/how-to-publish-v20-video.aspx
12 years ago
Are trying to create Nop.Admin as a virtual directory/application?
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:

Sure, it is an application under Nop.Web (of course, an application too). I don't think Admin can be a standalone (not under Nop.Web) application since it has no both Global.asax and Web.config.

Thanks,
12 years ago
Tiendq wrote:

Sure, it is an application under Nop.Web (of course, an application too). I don't think Admin can be a standalone (not under Nop.Web) application since it has no both Global.asax and Web.config.

Thanks,

Your right, it is not able to standalone as its own IIS website, but it is also not meant to be be configuired as a virtual directory.

No extra configuration is required. Simple move Deployable\Nop_2.0\ to the IIS server and make it a website.

Ignore the fact that there is an \Administration\ folder.

You will be able to visit \Admin\ when on the website with no virtual application or additional website.
12 years ago
It worked now, thanks :)
12 years ago
I am unsure if this is correct, but the 2 batch builds are still unable to load some dlls.
By registering the following dlls with GACUTIL the batch files worked. But I get the impression that other ppl did not need to run GACUTIL. Is this the right way to do it?
Many thanks

gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\PdfSharp\migradoc.documentobjectmodel.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\PdfSharp\migradoc.rendering.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\PdfSharp\migradoc.rtfrendering.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\PdfSharp\Pdfsharp.charting.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\PdfSharp\pdfsharp.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\FluentValidation.2.0.0.0\lib\NET35\FluentValidation.dll
gacutil /i C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\packages\FluentValidation.MVC3.2.0.0.0\lib\NET4\FluentValidation.MVC.dll
12 years ago
I had a similar problem and I discovered the issue (after banging my head against the monitor for an hour).

Turned out that in "debug" mode my Windows 7 box would work ok, but in release mode (and running the batch deploy files) I had errors where some of the 3rd party DLLs included in the NopCommerce\Packages folder were not found... but how... I checked and they were there.

1) If you navigate to the file in the packages folder its complaining about, right click on the DLL and click properties and you will see...

2) Security: "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer"

3) Click the Unblock button.

4) Go back to visual studio, hit compile, rinse repeat for any subsequenet compilation issues.

This would probably affect the batch files too.

That fixed my compilation problems.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.