Publishing 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
verymadbob wrote:
I had a similar problem and I discovered the issue (after banging my head against the monitor for an hour).

Hope your monitor still works.
12 years ago
I wonder if there is anyway to resolve this in the batch file?
12 years ago
I just read up about it, Windows attaches additional information to the NTFS file system when downloading from different "Internet zones" as a security measure. There is a way to unblock all via a "Microsoft sysinternals" provided utility.

Simple Workaround
When downloading a NopCommerce "zip" file from codeplex, right mouse click / properties / unblock. If you don't then any executable content in the zip will be blocked (DLLs in our case)

Batch File
You can do this but will need a Microsoft utility from SysInternals. Read on.

Read this
http://superuser.com/questions/38476/this-file-came-from-another-computer-how-can-i-unblock-all-the-files-in-a

SysInternals
Streams v1.56 By Mark Russinovich
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440.aspx
12 years ago
Where does it try and create a "Deployable" folder?  I don't even get that.  I get the same build error as mentioned above in this forum.  What next???
12 years ago
Has anyone solved the problem below in "Prepare.bat" and "Deploy.bat"?

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\MyDownloads\Installs\NOPCommerce\nopCommerce_8105ba8a39b0\src\packages\PdfSharp\MigraDoc.DocumentObjectModel.dll' or one of its dependencies

I can't get either batch file to run without errors...
12 years ago
Finally got the batch files to work by "unblocking" the DLL's it said it couldn't find (as mentioned earlier in this forum).  Now, I just get the following error:

•Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it

I know this database and connect string both work because I can run NOP no problem from within Visual Studio 2010 connecting to the same database I'm trying to connect to on the server.  It's weird.  No matter what you try and do it keeps re-directing to "install".  Something is still wrong...  

Any ideas from anyone out there?
12 years ago
I finally solved the problem (at least on my deployment).  Even though I had created and populated a database prior to deployment, it kept forcing everything to the "install" page.  When I would type in the server name, login name, password, etc. I would just get errors.  So, I finally clicked on "Advanced" and just copied my entire connect string in and it worked fine (all of my data remained in tact despite the fact that it said "installing...")...

I hope this feedback helps.  I think this is a great platform so I help this troubleshooting will help make future deployments smoother.  Thanks.
12 years ago
The batch file idea is the wrong way to go, because systems differ in too many ways. I've tried both the prepare.bat and deploy.bat woth versions 2.0 and 2.01 witout success.
It keeps failing for me with access denied on the Sql Server Compact binaries in packages\SqlServerCompact.4.0.8482.1\NativeBinaries; the build of the tests fail and so does the overall build.

I'm actually not looking for a resolution to the batch file issues, because that might be backing up the wrong tree if I need to install nopcommerce on several varying systems. I have seen a cs file in the solution that attempts to register the plugins, can we not do all the steps in Visual Studio by simply dumping all the plugins in the NopWeb bin directory and referencing them in Release mode? After which we can mannually create the Administration folder and paste in all admin dll's in the Nop.Web bin?
What would be the shortcomings of such an approach?

I'm going to give the above a shot and report back.
12 years ago
^
After checking http://shazwazza.com/post/Developing-a-plugin-framework-in-ASPNET-with-medium-trust.aspx I've seen that the plan above would not work.
I'm still going to avoid the batch files and get it running from Visual Studio only and report the steps here, though.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.