Replace compiled version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
How can create .dll with visual studio?
12 years ago
Google "Publishing websites in visual studio"
12 years ago
THANK YOU. Without your help it would be difficult. I hope that this forum is full of smart people like you. It would explain a lot.
12 years ago
Let's say I am trying to edit the source code with some custom code.  I need to be able to edit the source code with my edits and test before I push to the server.  How/where would I be able to do something like this?  The source code is outside of the web application, but I need to test it in my web application.

Do you have any recommendations as to what I need to do in this instance?

Thanks!
12 years ago
You'd have to run the website in visual studio. Press F5.
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
You'd have to run the website in visual studio. Press F5.

I understand that, but there is no source code folder in my application.  I need to add it into the application - would I keep the folder name "Libraries"?  I guess my question is where do I put the source files into my existing application?
12 years ago
Its hard to make sense of what you are asking me.

gtalk me at [email protected]
12 years ago
I don't use gchat, so I'll try to explain in detail better.

I'm using version 1.90 of nopCommerce without the source files.  I realized yesterday that I need to make a change to the backend code of the store itself (not any files, but rather the source code that builds the DLLs of store).  I went back and downloaded version 1.90 of the store WITH the source code.

Now that I have the source files on my computer, I need to be able to put those files into my existing store application.  I'm trying to figure out where I should put all of the files.  I'm guessing I would just bring in the entire "Libraries" folder and add it to the application.  My concern is I need to be able to make the changes and test the changes in debug mode in VS.

How do I get the DLLs to build into the BIN folder if I add the "Libraries" folder into my application?  Is this the correct way of editing the source code and being able to use the modified DLLs to use store-wide?

Hopefully this makes better sense.

Thanks fpr your help!
12 years ago
Download the source code.

Edit NopCommerceStore/ConnectionStrings.config and add your current connection string.

Press F5. Verify everything works.

Now make your changes to whatever assembly you need. You should have them all since you downloaded the source.

Whatever assemblies you modify, upload the new .dll on to the webserver at web/bin/

That should do the trick.
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
Download the source code.

Edit NopCommerceStore/ConnectionStrings.config and add your current connection string.

Press F5. Verify everything works.

Now make your changes to whatever assembly you need. You should have them all since you downloaded the source.

Whatever assemblies you modify, upload the new .dll on to the webserver at web/bin/

That should do the trick.

Thanks! I'm still a little confused because I need to step through the store's source code as I make edits.  I can't step through with the DLLs obviously in the store's app.  I need to be able to run the assemblies of the source code, make break points, etc. while I'm running my store application so I can edit appropriately.  But how do I run the source code in conjunction with our store's customized app?  Do I need to put the source code within my current application/store folder?  If so, where?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.