Extremely long load times

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am experiencing extremely long load times with nop v2.0 on Arvixe server.  Is there any good tips for speeding up in this version?

Chad
12 years ago
Hi Chad

Glad to note that you have finally got it installed :)

Who's your host ? and what's the URL to your shop ?
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Hi Chad

Glad to note that you have finally got it installed :)

Who's your host ? and what's the URL to your shop ?

Hey,

Yes, got it going.  I have loaded it about 5 times now without errors...  I am trying to compare the 1.9 with the 2.0.  One of the tricks in 1.9 that worked for me, to make my sites load faster, was to set a scheduled tasks in the Arvixe cp.  I tried that in the 2.0 but no such luck.  I have a couple sites with the sample data and a couple that are bare bones.  They all take from 30-45 seconds for an initial load.  I checked my ping and it is about 10 ms.
Here are the links to 3 of them:
http://xtest01.cboyweb.com/
http://xtest02.cboyweb.com/
http://biggsnest.com
12 years ago
Anyone?
12 years ago
Anyone?  Does this mean I am the only nopCommerce 2.0 user that is having issues with speed?
12 years ago
I am having initial huge load times 40 seconds plus on arvixe.  If it even loads.  It has been down numerous times because it used all 250 mb of memory on the application pool.  I am using pics of the file system also.  I need a fix also.
12 years ago
MVC gives us a lot in terms of performance, but because of the new implementation of the DAL , we lose all the benefit.
I used the performance measurement tools to check my comments, the code first approach is disastrous.

So we have in the same version (2.0) two opposite approaches:
1: MVC with a perfect control over HTML and consumed resources
2: EF with code first, with a total loss of control over data access layer. Because of this, any sql optimization becomes almost impossible, while in my view, it is largely as important as optimizing the application layer.

This is particularly unfortunate while the beautiful architecture of nop allowed us to choose database engine, whereas now we can no longer use any of the valuable characteristics of any database engine.

I hope the development team will once again change about this, and provide us an intermediate approach, to be able to use stored procedures to manage requests like SearchProducts in SQL Server, and leave linq query on SQL CE. This is one goal of provider pattern no ?
12 years ago
I have never used nopCommerce 1.9 and below. I moved to nopCommerce when version 2.00 came out.

But I must say, the site loads slow. I was not expecting that at all !

I have built other MVC3 applications, like a Blog and a Jokes website, sure they are not as big as nopCommerce, but they load a lot quicker than nopCommerce does.

Maybe Nicolas is right, maybe this is because of the Code First approach. :(
12 years ago
I would like to hear from a team member on this issue.  Any team members watching this thread?

Chad
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
I would like to hear from a team member on this issue.  Any team members watching this thread?

Chad

I had speed issues with previous versions of nopcommerce too. Its fine for small sites, but once you start getting up into thousands of products it struggled. Some here tried to suggest that the switch to MVC was going to be some kind of magic bullet and make it all run fast, but I wasn't convinced - to me it seemed development time could have been better spent optimizing the db queries.

My clients don't know or care what MVC is. They care about their site taking 30 seconds to load a page.

I've not tried v2 yet - I was hoping someone would confirm they'd got it running on a big store (thousands of products) first because i take the time to set it up and try it out.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.