Extremely long load times

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi Thu

On my machine, when I run nopCommerce locally, the first initial page load is slow, because it needs to build all the Entities, but afterwards everything is OK-ish speed.

Are you saying it is slow on ALL pages even on Local Machine ?
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:

On my machine, when I run nopCommerce locally, the first initial page load is slow, because it needs to build all the Entities, but afterwards everything is OK-ish speed.

Just find strange think and I really believe it makes websites slower...
I post it Here
12 years ago
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, my web is getting slow all the time even it is in my local machine.

I will also find out the strange links tomorrow and will let you know.

Many Thanks,
Thu
12 years ago
Hi Guy,

This is the loading order of my javascripts and I didn't find any duplicate links.

I put all the javascript links in views->shared->root.cshtml file.

<script src="/Scripts/jquery-1.4.4.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/jquery-ui.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/jquery.jcarousel.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/jcarousellite_1.0.1.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/public.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/slimbox2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/jquery.unobtrusive-ajax.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/MicrosoftMvcAjax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/jquery.validate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/magiczoom.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Scripts/jquery.sexy-combo-2.1.3/jquery.sexy-combo.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/Scripts/jbgallery-3.0.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I will find out any other strange links tomorrow.

Many Thanks,
Thu
12 years ago
I find double links on 2 websites only, so I think this is my mistake I done something wrong somewhere...
12 years ago
cboy wrote:
10-4, I am giving up on Arvixe too.  Chad

Have you found another host you like and if so, have you tested nop 2.1 on it?
12 years ago
SWW wrote:
Have you found another host you like and if so, have you tested nop 2.1 on it?

I have a plan, but I am not going to say anything just yet.  I will let you know how it turns out.

Chad
12 years ago
Hi

I think I could replicate my problem why my web site is running very slowly. My development server is just old machine and it has only 2GB RAM and Pentium Celerom processor. When I run my web site with other machine with I7 processor and 8GB of RAM it is running quickly.

However, it's strange that it could not run quickly on Pentium Dual Core processor with 4GB memory. Is nopCommerce web site using that much resource? Is that because of MVC3?

I'd like to know the minimum requirement to run NopCommerce normally. I'd be very appreciate if someone could help me.

Many Thanks,
Thu
12 years ago
MVC consumes less resources than classic ASP.NET, but the new database access layer consumes more than before.
MVC was a good choice and courageous from development team.

The problem now comes from EF & Code first, if you have a look on internet a lot of people have perf problems with them.
This morning I was reading this http://ayende.com/blog/4246/what-is-up-with-the-entity-framework-vnext
The second problem described with lazy loading is one of these we have in nop, for example loading ALL adresses during checkout process, idem with queued emails... http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10165 still no solution!

Lot of people are looking for caching solutions, reindexing tables, but it's just a way to forget initial problem : the new data access layer is not efficient. And I fear than development team wil not be able to provide us a lightweight solution as they keep code first and miss store procedures. Optimisation begins in the database and in the way we query it. Just have a look to query plan when SearchProduct method executes, it's so horrible that it is funny...

I'm really worried about that, I have migrated my skins and plugins, and I am not able to use neither 2.0 or 2.1
:-s
12 years ago
Hi Nicolas,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I will do some rearch as well and let you know if I find something.

Cheers
Thu
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.