v2.1 install is failing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
i've tried this several times (downloaded the no source version, uploaded it to SoftSys Hosting, removed all files from v2.0, unzipped v2.1, ran update.sql, then installed from my website singlepalm.com). After each failure I've restored the DB and tried again, and at this point, I'm wondering if anyone else is having these problems.

nopCommerce installation error:
Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4495 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9150 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 377

upgrade.sql "messages":
--Add one more column to [ExternalAuthenticationRecord] table
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM syscolumns WHERE id=object_id('[dbo].[ExternalAuthenticationRecord]') and NAME='Email')
BEGIN
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ExternalAuthenticationRecord]
ADD [Email] nvarchar(MAX) NULL
END
Msg 2705, Level 16, State 4, Line number 4
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'Email' in table 'dbo.ExternalAuthenticationRecord' is specified more than once.

--SEO friendly language URLs
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM syscolumns WHERE id=object_id('[dbo].[Language]') and NAME='UniqueSeoCode')
BEGIN
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Language]
ADD [UniqueSeoCode] [nvarchar](2) NULL
END
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'UniqueSeoCode' in table 'dbo.Language' is specified more than once.

--Allow store owner to disable "Add to wishlist" button for a certain product variant
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM syscolumns WHERE id=object_id('[dbo].[ProductVariant]') and NAME='DisableWishlistButton')
BEGIN
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ProductVariant]
ADD [DisableWishlistButton] [bit] NULL

EXEC ('UPDATE [dbo].[ProductVariant] SET [DisableWishlistButton] = [DisableBuyButton]')

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[ProductVariant] ALTER COLUMN [DisableWishlistButton] [bit] NOT NULL
END
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'DisableWishlistButton' in table 'dbo.ProductVariant' is specified more than once.

IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM syscolumns WHERE id=object_id('[dbo].[Product]') and NAME='ProductTemplateId')
BEGIN
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[Product]
ADD [ProductTemplateId] int NULL
END
Msg 2705, Level 16, State 4, Line number 3
Column names in each table must be unique. Column name 'ProductTemplateId' in table 'dbo.Product' is specified more than once.

HELP!
12 years ago
There's no need to reinstall nopCommerce

1. Run update.sql over your database
2. Remove all files from v2.0 except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
3. Unzip v2.1
4. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files
12 years ago
I tried just as you said and got the following error message in my browser:

"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time. "

I ran the update SQL script (from 2.0 to 2.1) and copied the APP_Data files over.
12 years ago
vsammons wrote:
We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete...

To find out what went wrong you need to turn off the custom errors mode.
1. Open web.config file
2. Find out the following line <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
3. Replace it with <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">
12 years ago
I suppose that would certainly help!

Here is the error:
Invalid column name 'UniqueSeoCode'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'UniqueSeoCode'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid column name 'UniqueSeoCode'.]
12 years ago
vsammons wrote:
Here is the error: Invalid column name 'UniqueSeoCode'.

It means that you missed step 1 - "Run update.sql over your database"
12 years ago
You are correct!  I ran it on the incorrect database server.  Once I ran it on the right database server it worked!  I need more coffee before I start my upgrade's!

Thank you,
Vince
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

1. Run update.sql over your database
2. Remove all files from v2.0 except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
3. Unzip v2.1
4. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files

same error on install

Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4495 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9150 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 377
12 years ago
I'm getting a ton of error, can I just start fresh ? I didn't make any changes to the 2.0 version. Do I need to first install 2.0
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

The first time you go to the website it displays the "reinstall" (even after if the two files  in App_Data were replaced).
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.