v2.1 install is failing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
There's no need to reinstall nopCommerce

1. Run update.sql over your database
2. Remove all files from v2.0 except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
3. Unzip v2.1
4. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files

You may want to also retain the Images in the Content folder (thumbnails)?

The folks that are posting issues here seems to be trying to RUN the install to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1.  They just need to copy files and run the SQL script and everything SHOULD work fine (Unless they made customizations)
12 years ago
I deleted everything, do I have to re-install 2.0 ?
12 years ago
Kambui.Nurse wrote:
I deleted everything, do I have to re-install 2.0 ?

STEP 1. Run update.sql over your database
STEP 2. Remove all files from v2.0 except App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt
STEP 3. Unzip v2.1
STEP 4. Copy back App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files

If you deleted EVERYTHING you will need to put your connection string in the Settings.txt file

Looks something like this:

DataProvider: sqlserver
DataConnectionString: Data Source=SERVER_NAME;Initial Catalog=DATABASE_NAME;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=sa;Password=PASSWORD;MultipleActiveResultSets=True
12 years ago
after i deploy ? I can't find that file.
12 years ago
Kambui.Nurse wrote:
after i deploy ? I can't find that file.

It should be in the App_Data folder - If not simply re-create it  settings.txt with the connection string I mentioned previously.

Shoould do the trick.  The INSTALL builds this file but it you have the database already there is no need to run the install again.

I hope this helps.
12 years ago
got it all working now thanks
12 years ago
strange - i waiting an hour and now everything it opens my web page instead of the installation screen.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.