nop 2.1 Installation Failure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Seems to compile and run in VS Studio 2010 fine.

Online, am getting this:

Setup failed: System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name 'UniqueSeoCode'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges() at Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) in C:\Users\Dad\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nop210\Libraries\Nop.Data\EfRepository.cs:line 37 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallLanguagesAndResources() in C:\Users\Dad\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nop210\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 448 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\Users\Dad\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nop210\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9142 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\Users\Dad\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nop210\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 377
12 years ago
did you upgrade your db? or try to run in iis7.5 mode?
12 years ago
wxDevelopment wrote:
did you upgrade your db? or try to run in iis7.5 mode?

No to upgrade db.  Made no changes to iis mode.
12 years ago
Try to run as IIS Express in VS2010
12 years ago
Sorry but I don't understand.  The error came from running the install on an Arvixe server not in vs2010.  The files were built using vs2010 and deploy.bat and FTPed to the server...
12 years ago
Ok.  New day.  More coffee.

Problem caused by running install on an already created database.  Apparently, in the course of multiple install tries, the nopCommerce tables were added to the new database I created.  Subsequent install attempts resulted in this error.
12 years ago
@SWW

Did you successfully install Nop 2.1 into Arvixe? I tried to install it in vain with new database. I got an error at the end of installation:

"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time. "

Did you have any problem like that? If not, what kind of account do you have? Mine is ASP.NET PersonalClass.

I would appreciate any tip or clue. Thanks
12 years ago
statcom wrote:
Did you successfully install Nop 2.1 into Arvixe?

Yes.

First step is to determine the actual error.
Edit your Web.config file in your website root folder from:
    <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
To:
    <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">

Refresh site in your web browser and check for error.

Search this forum for the specific error.

Good luck.
12 years ago
SWW wrote:
Sorry but I don't understand.  The error came from running the install on an Arvixe server not in vs2010.  The files were built using vs2010 and deploy.bat and FTPed to the server...

Sorry you didn't say that you are installing on arvixe... as I post to other topics just get out from arvixe... because their servers is overloaded they have to much customers and to much connection to sql server "they told this for me when I had the same problems as you"
12 years ago
Just to be a contrairian, I'm in the process of moving to Arvixe and have had no problems.  2.1 installed on Arvixe with and works with no problems.  In fact, response times with SQL Server (actually SQL Express on Arvixe) are a little better than at my old host.  

Like the man said, set the custom error mode to 'Off', then you can see what the error is.  

Did you run the SQL script?  You have to, I think, run that on your database first.  Then see if 2.1 works.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.