Paypal SetExpressCheckout function problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
technically, you shouldn't be sending address in via PayPal Express - look through their implementation guide https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECGettingStarted.  The whole idea behind PayPal express is that the user bypasses entering all the info on your site and uses values stored on PayPal - you should be retrieving the shipping info from the GetExpressDetails response.
12 years ago
I would agree with you....but the way it's implemented in NOP that isn't the case.

right now it ask for the billing and shipping address and then payment method.
At this point they have already entered it once....and I am trying to not have them enter it a second time.

If it asked them their payment method AND then the shipping then I could pull it from Paypal but it doesn't work that way.

So I need to either pass the address or re-arrange the checkout order.  Right now I am trying to pass the address.

The checkout process makes sense for every other payment method but Paypal Express.
12 years ago
I'm not using 1.9 - but from PayPal guidelines, PayPal Express needs to be  implemented as a button from the cart page - NOT the checkout page.  From the checkout page, you are actually using PayPal Standard not Express.
12 years ago
My fault for not being clear.  I am using the single page checkout option in Nop.  
I have not modified the checkout process that comes with 1.9 out of the box other than trying to pass the shipping address to Paypal Express.  It is a button....I haven't changed that either....I have only changed the function to pass the shipping address.  I wouldn't do that if it went to paypal first and then asked for the shipping...but it doesn't work that way so I am forced to do this.
12 years ago
I am definitely using express....that's the paymentprocessor that is being called.
12 years ago
Am I the only one who thinks the way Paypal Express is implemented in Nop defeats the purpose ?
12 years ago
I just published a BETA version of PayPal Express for 2.1 that works as I've described above.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.