Very Strange Problem After Upgrade To v2.2?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I stoped trying to solve problem and just make new site, import/export items and everything ok. Thanks to all!
12 years ago
double posting
12 years ago
For me to solve this I just created a brand new site, installed all the way through including setting up a new database.  

Then when it had finished I made sure it loaded ok, then went into the App_Data folder and changed the connection string to point to the old database which I had run the upgrade scripts on and ran the site to make sure it worked (And it did).

Lastly (And this is still on going) I moved my custom theme folder over and now I am going through all the views to update them to match how I had them in the previous site.
12 years ago
I tryed to change connection string too, but there was a same problem.
12 years ago
Hi,

I have had the same issues when upgrading from 1.9 -2.0 ? even though ive used this since 1.5

Found that making a new site and starting again was only solution for me as nothing worked right and messed up my site so i had no choice but to start over again.

Very frustrating but im 2.20 now and not looking forward to the next upgrade.
12 years ago
I'm having this same exact problem when I logged out of the admin section and tried logging back into the site and now when I go to the login site, I just see the scrambled text and it doesn't make any sense. Is there any fix for this? I can't seem to run the new 2.2 version without constant problems :(
12 years ago
This was really a tough one !

As I was seeing this behaviour only in the prod env so it was difficult to debug. The issue is related to the process identity not having write+modify access to the Contents folder. While trying to save the thumbnails which are generated runtime, if the process does not have the required access to the Content folder it spits out the binary to the browser.

Fix for this issue is to provide write+modify access for Contents folder and its sub-folders to the process identity.

For a later release it should be planned that the code should check the access and log a user friendy error. Also it can show the default thumbnails if the required access is not available for the Contents folder.
12 years ago
Thank you!
That got me back up and running.
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12508/nop-22-is-not-working-on-windows-server-2008-r2-standard.aspx
12 years ago
I have the same problem. I spent all last night on this..

When I run the site online I get the error page then I run the site local in debug mode using my hosted database. The debugger keep going and I get the garbage characters..

At first glance the site seems fine.. The home page renders ok, I clicked on a category and it renders ok too. Then I click on a product and get the garbage caracters page. Just like shown a the screenshot posted by leen3o.

You can see it failed there http://storedemo.pierremasson.me

I have tried everything.. Deleted database and web site.. restart from scratch.. installed it with the Web Platform Deployer 2,3 times.. And still can't get it worked..

Please help me!!!

I would like to have a script to create the database manually in SQL Management Studio at will.. And just edith the setting.txt to have a store using the database.. Seams so simple to do to me.. I don't want to run the install weach time.. I want to keep a working copy of the store that I can make copies at will for my clients...

I'm about too give up and turn dark side agaist nopCommerce.. But I still have hope for now that peoples in this forum are going to help.

Thank you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.