Storing Credit Card Info Nop DB?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I was wondering how to access Credit Card info like Card Type/Card Number/Exp DT/CCV number from the Nop_Order Table.

I see all these columns are blank except MaskedCreditCardNumber in my table, and Also see "AllowStoringCreditCard" column with 0 populated. For my Quick Books Data Extraction i need all this info as we process refunds from QuickBooks.

Can some one help me out to store credit crad in the Nop_Order Table?

Thanks in advance.
12 years ago
Credit cards are not stored into database according to PA-DSS
12 years ago
There should never be an instance where you need to store the creditcard info.  Your payment process should provide an interface for any returns or refunds.  If not then you should find a new payment processor.  

PCI requirements require that you explicitely can demonstrate a need to store the information but once it is being stored any and all servers/laptops/mobile devices you might use to access it are then subject to the security requirements and you will be held accountable for any breaches to that security.  A breach can become extremely expensive to you if that occurs.
10 years ago
Not the number but the type of card should be stored.  That is, MC, Visa, Amex, etc.  This makes it much easier to reconcile your merchant account.  If I have an order in my accounting db for $100 what is it?  is it a MC charge?  A visa charge?  I can't tell because I have no info on that charge. So before you say there should never be a reason to store credit card info, talk to your accounting people.  Find out the hassle they go thru to reconcile the 3 systems: website, merchant account and accounting system. ALL 3 MUST TIE OUT.  Being able to tie and order to a charge type makes it much much easier to reconcile.
10 years ago
Your payment plugin should be passing the Order GUID to the payment processor so you can reconcile those charges.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.